Do you want to make a difference, Do you want to work for a not for profit, Do you ooze with energy, passion and creativity.
Do you want to make a difference and feel connected to our values of Excellence, Success, Innovation and Authenticity
Ear Science Institute Australia (ESIA) is a not for profit organisation that through its clinical, research, education and community activities is dedicated to improving the quality of life for those with hearing loss and hearing disorders.
We are currently seeking an experienced and resourceful Finance Manager (Research Administrator).
Within our world-renowned Institute, the Research Department is an exciting and stimulating place to work and because we are focused on improved excellence, our staff have particularly challenging and rewarding roles. This position provides a dynamic opportunity to work in a collaborative team environment, supporting the vision of the Research Department and partnering with both internal and external stakeholders.
- A relevant graduate degree or equivalent knowledge and skills developed through professional experience in financial and commercial management, research administration and grant development.
- High standard of proficiency in the use of computer software packages and demonstrated aptitude and ability to develop spreadsheets, databases and PowerPoint presentations.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills including the ability to manage varied and conflicting demands to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills including interpersonal, verbal and written.
- High level project planning and organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to show initiative, work independently and also ability to work cooperatively with members of the team to accomplish joint tasks and common objectives.
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems; be proactive and initiate action to deal with issues when they arise.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of national and state competitive health research grant opportunities from government and non-government sources, in particular NHMRC and ARC.
- Proficiency in electronic grant management systems.
- Experience working in a research laboratory.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Research Administrator will support the CEO, CFO and Curtin University Associate Professors to ensure the efficient management and administration of the Research Department.
This role will support the research activities across ESIA and encompasses all aspects of the research process including establishing of research projects; identification of grant opportunities; preparation and submission of grant applications; administration and acquittal of grants; establishing research project budgets, timelines and milestones; research progress reporting of cost, schedule and milestones; identification and protection of intellectual property; and identification and progression of research translation opportunities.
The Research Administrator is a senior position within the research team and will need to show leadership and initiative, working independently and cooperatively with members of the ESIA team to accomplish joint tasks and common objectives. He/she will need to anticipate and resolve problems; be proactive and initiate action to deal with issues when they arise.
The appointment is full-time, and the Research Administrator will be based at the Ear Science Institute Australia Research HQ in Nedlands.
Contact our People & Culture Manager for a detailed job description ([email protected])
What's in it for you:
- The chance to make a difference in peoples lives. Do work that matters - we work with pioneering, cutting edge technologies to create real, positive impacts on patient outcomes and lives.
- Salary sacrificing opportunity
- Because our careers are built around our mission, you meet talented and passionate people who are all like-minded.
- Grow your career with us - you'll be given a high degree of autonomy in your role and you'll have the opportunity to grow, develop and explore your potential - we are big believers in lifelong learning and will support you to cross-skill in whichever direction you may choose to enhance your career. Our inspirational leadership team encourages activities that foster physical, intellectual, and emotional growth and well-being so we can all be truly part of ESIAs culture of excellence, innovation, authenticity and success.
- Being part of a consensus-driven culture, united by our philanthropic philosophy to serve all people with ear and hearing disorders.
We look forward to hearing from you.