Would you like to work with a professional team in a company with a leading reputation that offers only the best of premium products and service
You have a strong interest or background in art or decor. People will describe you as hands on and self-motivated with strong problem-solving ability. Extremely flexible, with a willingness to learn and be available when people are relying on you. Part of your friendly nature will show a high desire to provide outstanding customer service. Although you enjoy working in a small team and also value working unsupervised and great communication with customers and team members. Your previous experience shows you have a proven ability in design skill because you can frame simple family photos to complicated combinations e.g. medals and sporting memorabilia, jerseys, tapestries, stretch framing and all forms a of artwork. You have a background in art or interior design and you take pride in your work and are highly motivated to continually learn new skills in product knowledge.
OVERALL QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
Love of art or interior design, self-starter, hands on, motivated, honest, loyal, sense of humour, organised, efficient, punctual, reliable, decisive, polite, pleasant, practical, problem solver, disciplined, highly flexible and energetic.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who needs employment stability and would like to work in a supportive encouraging environment. Not only will you have the chance to grow and dramatically increase your skills and experience, but we also offer long term employment stability. We also believe very strongly in general health and wellness and encourage this within the work place. The business is abundant and rewards performance, loyalty and the extra mile!
THE BUSINESS ROLE
Sunshine Coast Art and Framing Gallery is a unique, professional, family-based business with a motivated team. We offer a range of products from framing services, art and wall dcor, digital printing, art supplies, mirrors and memorabilia. Our daily aim is to provide a premium reliable and friendly service to every one of our clients. We are a customer focussed business that guarantees everything we do and are recognised as being one of the best picture framers in Queensland.
Must be able to work Tuesday - Saturday 36.5 hours per week. Must have custom framing design experience and be customer service oriented. Must be punctual, reliable, and have an eye for design. Must have ability to measure precisely, be computer literate and work as a team.
Your role will involve but not limited to:
- Consulting with customers to assist in quoting and helping the customer to choose the best combination and concepts for their art pieces to be framed.
- Computer skills are required to operate our cloud based framing and POS programs.
- Knowledge of Adobe programs would be preferred but not essential.
- Responsible for maintaining shop front and displays.
- Knowledge of art supplies will be an advantage and preference will be given to those holding a diploma or TAFE qualifications in Fine Art.
- Consulting with customers and assist them in Wall Art and Giftware sales.
- Communicate well with team members.
- Working in the workshop assembling frames when required.
- Answer telephone and email enquiries.
- Update system records and documentation.
- Able to organise and manage time well.
- Work independently as well as follow instructions
This is a rewarding occupation for the right person. You will be working within a close-knit team and playing an integral part in the smooth running of the business, your hard work will be appreciated and rewarded.
PLEASE NOTE: Any CVs sent without a covering letter will be discarded.