Opportunity to work in a member based think tank organisation., We offer flexible working conditions., Provide additional week of leave at year end..
About the business
CEDA the Committee for Economic Development of Australia is an independent, not-for-profit member-based think tank that works to champion ideas, research and policy reform. We do this by identifying policy issues that matter for Australia's future and pursuing solutions to positively shape economic and social development in Australia.
CEDA's membership spans every state and territory and includes Australia's leading businesses, community organisations, government departments and academic institutions. The organisation was founded in 1960 by leading economist Sir Douglas Copland, and his legacy of applying economic analysis to practical problems to aid the development of Australia continues as we celebrate 60 years of influence, reform and impact across the nation.
CEDA is a national organisation with offices in every state. We offer flexible working conditions, a strong commitment to training and development and an additional week of leave at year end.
CEDA's priorities for Australia's future economic development are outlined in Connecting People with Progress. CEDA's approach to pursuing its policy priorities is in line with our organisational values:
- We are open, honest and trusted
- We are curious about ideas and opportunities
- We succeed together
- We are brave in our approach and ambitions
- We are passionate about working with our members for the greater good
About the role
This is a great opportunity to contribute to CEDA's efforts to raise and influence the policy issues and ideas that matter most to Australia's economic and social future and gain experience working in and supporting a busy communications and marketing team.
The successful candidate will need to have a keen interest in current affairs and public policy, knowledge in digital marketing and communications including in social media, analytics and online advertising, an eye for detail, an ability to work collaboratively to tight deadlines, and excellent writing and editing skills.
This role will work closely with the Senior Digital Communications Advisor to execute CEDA's digital strategy, provide oversight of CEDA's digital marketing materials, as well as support the team in day-to-day tasks.
This role will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the execution of CEDA's social media strategy including primary responsibility for content creation and day-to-day management and reporting for Facebook and Instagram;
- Assisting in executing CEDA's digital advertising strategy including planning, creation, booking and reporting;
- Managing day-to-day website updates and content, including text, audio, video, image and publication files;
- Providing support and participate in CEDA projects including website redesign and database system improvements;
- Producing high-quality news articles and copy editing support for other online and print materials;
- Maintaining CEDA's digital marketing materials and supporting the production of new materials as required;
- Maintenance of CEDA's marketing materials including banners and merchandise;
- Managing monthly analytics and reporting for key platforms and activities;
- Supporting the Senior Digital Communications Advisor and the team more broadly with any other requirements.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience using CMS systems (Kentico would be an advantage).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including photoshop and after effects.
- Experience with content creation in including writing, basic design, photography and video production and editing.
- Knowledge and experience using Google Analytics.
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills.
- A minimum three years' experience in communication, marketing or policy role.
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative and is able to work autonomously but also collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work under time constraints and to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work systematically and with outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to liaise with all levels of management.
How to apply:
Does this sound like you Please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected] (please include Digital Communications Adviser in the subject heading). The cover letter must be addressed to Holly Tucker, Senior Digital Communications Officer, and detail how your skills and experience align with this position. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered. Closing date for all applications will be on Friday 31 July 2020.
A salary circa $60k, commensurate with experience and skills, along with an additional week of annual leave at year end will be offered to the successful candidate.
Please be reminded that all personal information collected during the selection process will only be used for recruitment and employment purposes.