ASX 100 company, Great culture and team environment, Values drive company committed to your professional development.
Iluka Resources is an international mineral sands company with expertise in exploration, development, mining, processing, marketing and rehabilitation. Our purpose is to deliver sustainable value for our employees and all stakeholders.
With over 3,000 direct employees, our people are the foundation of our business and are vital to our success now and into the future. Iluka offers a safe, empowering and inclusive work environment that is as diverse as the communities in which we operate.
About The Role
Iluka has an opportunity for an experienced Purchasing Officer to join Ilukas Procurement team based at our head office in Perth.
Reporting directly to Demand Manager, this role will have exposure to a broad range of Purchase to Pay (PTP) functions for mine sites and will be accountable for:
- actively promoting safety awareness;
- timely processing of goods and services requisitions;
- obtaining the best total value for Iluka in all external sourcing purchasing activities;
- monitoring and ensuring timely and accurate receipt of goods and services;
- qualifying and processing new vendor applications;
- inventory management of selected items with periodic reviews of history and forecasts to determine ongoing requirements;
- ensuring compliance to Procurement Policy in the purchasing function;
- engaging with suppliers and internal stakeholders to build mutually beneficial relationships;
- ensuring adequate training and support is available to site personnel in purchasing tools; and
- general housekeeping and administration tasks on PTP systems;
Suitably qualified applicants are expected to have proven experience within a similar role. They should also have excellent communication, negotiation , and time management skills to enable them to successfully perform in the role with minimal direction. It is also desirable that the successful person has SAP procure to pay experience, intermediate Microsoft Excel knowledge and previous experience within the mining industry.
In addition, a tertiary qualification in purchasing, logistics or similar supply chain fields would be beneficial but not essential.
What We Offer
If successful, you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to be part of a values-driven company, committed to your professional development
If you share our values, you have the skills and experience to help us to succeed and deliver sustainable value, apply now.
Applications close: 31 July 2020
We respect and encourage diversity in a workforce that reflects our communities.