Brisbane based full time permanent position, Rewarding role working within a dynamic, supportive team, Competitive remuneration package and flexible working options.
Founded in 1865, with approximately 6,500 staff, around $7 billion in assets and more than 6,500 kilometres of track, Queensland Rail (QR) is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
At Queensland Rail we believe safety comes first. Always.
About this Role
The Strategic Integrated Operations Planning & Assurance (SIOPA) team works with the business, as well as TransLink and DTMR, to design and develop a sustainable timetable considering the future needs of our customers and the network changes. The Business Support Officer role is responsible for providing high level administration support and project coordination for the Group Senior Manager (GSM) and the wider SIOPA team.
The role is responsible for a wide range of administrative tasks and is the central contact for the team.
You can anticipate some of your daily duties to include:
- Organising both Leadership and wider SIOPA team meeting, preparing meeting agenda, minutes and action items
- Coordinating and reporting on SIOPA’s key priorities and activities
- Monitoring GSM inbox and actioning where required
- Monitoring and assigning emails from the shared SIOPA mailbox, including Ministerial requests, Customer Feedback requests, Engagement Requests
- Ensuring wider team are supported with staff inductions, learning compliance, purchasing, HR related documentation and processes
- Arranging and coordinating team building and corporate initiative activities
To be considered for this role you must have:
- High level negotiation, problem solving, oral and written communication, consulting and presentation skills.
- Substantial level of skill in managing change and in business process design associated with major projects in a workplace undergoing significant organisation change.
- Substantial level of research skills including compiling and analysing data and presenting findings in the context of organisational change management.
- Substantial level of skill in contributing to business case development by defining the case for change
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in a similar role. Interpersonally, you will have a natural relationship-building ability, strong communication skills and the ability to remain calm in an intense, fast paced work environment.
Benefits on offer
- Flexible working options.
- Competitive Salary Packaging
- Generous superannuation scheme.
- Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
Starting salary $90,541 plus Super
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake Psychometric Assessment, Pre-Employment Health Assessment, Video Screen and background checks that might also include Criminal History and Credit Checks.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply.
Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 8:00am, Wednesday 29 July 2020.
Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.