Deliver best practice maintenance planning & scheduling, Dynamic, diverse and supportive team environment, Growth portfolio to drive continuous improvement.
Theres never been a better time to be at AGL
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people.
If youre set on making real change for tomorrow, we have the scale, resources and ambition to get it started today.
Nows an extraordinary time to work with us. Were taking the lead on renewables and expanding our products to make them more sustainable, affordable and useful for all Australians.
Thats what we call progress. To achieve it, were bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, backgrounds and talent - and we need yours too!
About the Role
- Deliver best practice maintenance planning & scheduling
- Dynamic, diverse and supportive team environment
- Growth portfolio to drive continuous improvement
In this role, you will report into the Planning & Scheduling Manager and be responsible for delivering best practice maintenance planning and scheduling for our Gas Fired Generation portfolio.
Pivotal to the role will be to engage with stakeholders across the business to develop a weekly schedule in line with AGLs work management processes and statutory compliance regulations.
What youll be doing:
- Actively engaging Operations, Maintenance and Engineering Groups in the planning phase and throughout the development of schedules
- Managing short - long term operational maintenance schedules to develop quality contingency schedules to support maintenance in an adaptive changing environment
- Developing and maintaining a range of collaborative networks across the Gas Fired Generation assets and the wider AGL business to support the delivery of planning and scheduling process
- Reviewing the planning process and procedures to assess and develop innovative and cost-effective solutions to drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Planning multi disciplined work orders for the Gas Fired Generation assets
- Demonstrating safety awareness to support AGLs safety targets
- Understanding statutory compliance & preventative maintenance strategies to support the completion of day to day and outage routines
- Organising resources and material requirements to meet the schedule, including the skills and availability of the people aligned to specific work requirements
- Providing high level strategic advice and support to the Planning and Scheduling Manager on the development, implementation, management and reporting of planning activities, including the improvement opportunities regarding SAP processes
- Assisting with the negotiation and planning of the work performed by externally sourced providers, to ensure that services are provided in accordance with AGLs policy framework, agreed quality standards, budget and time frames
What youll bring to the table:
- Ideally a Trade qualification (but not essential) with extensive experience in maintenance planning and scheduling ideally gained from working in an engineering, operations or maintenance environment
- Effective communication and influencing skills to collaborate with multi-diverse teams to ensure the development of work management processes are met
- An adaptive, forward thinking and commercially savvy mindset with the ability to implement new strategies and initiatives
- Practical knowledge of SAP and Prometheus (or equivalent systems) to plan and develop the weekly and outage plan schedules and facilitate KPI reporting
Whilst the role is ideally based in Somerton, this role will support AGLs Gas Fired Plant Generation portfolio across other states and travel will be required where possible. AGL are open to flexible working arrangements.
Wed love to see your application, submitted by this date: 4 August 2020.
At AGL all employees are encouraged to be themselves and to bring their whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people living with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTI+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. AGL has a commitment to maintain a diverse workforce, so welcomes the opportunity for applicants to share their lived experiences but recognises that some applicants may not wish to disclose, so that option is supported.
Proudly Australian for more than 180 years, AGL operates a diverse generation portfolio supplying energy to 3.7 million customer accounts. We have a passionate belief in progress and a relentless determination to make things better for our communities, customers, employees, the Australian economy and our planet.
Our goal is to make energy simple, fair and transparent and were continuing to innovate to enhance the lives of Australians now and into the future. Its an extraordinary time for the energy sector and we need extraordinary people to meet the challenges. Were bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and together well bring progress to life.