As one of the world’s most experienced specialist power and water consulting firms, Entura can offer you a coveted opportunity to work with highly regarded industry experts and thought leaders. Through our work, we enable safe and sustainable power and water infrastructure to make a positive and enduring contribution to communities.
- Full time, 3-year term in Melbourne, with some travel required
About the role:
You’ll design and deliver hydrological, meteorological, and environmental monitoring hardware and software
systems that capture and present time series data. Your will leverage your experience and drive for innovation in automation and control in the delivery of projects for Entura’s clients.
Your Key activities will include:
- Scope, design and optimise Entura’s field instrumentation and cloud-based data analytics services within a national and international consulting environment
- Design and manage power and water monitoring systems with a focus on hydrological, meteorological, and environmental timeseries data
- Enable timely, reliable and quality controlled data delivery to internal and external clients
- Use your automation and control engineering skills to support systems integration including telemetry, IoT and SCADA devices
- Integrate data analytics services with existing modelling capabilities
Your projects will include asset management, especially in dam safety surveillance, delivery of flow data from natural streams and water conveyance systems, groundwater monitoring, renewable energy projects, environmental management and electrical transmission and delivery.
You’ll work closely with clients and provide expertise and advice, as you select equipment and design systems, then integrate, commission and maintain the delivered system, and manage transmission, storage, and presentation of data.
You’re a people person with a passion and enthusiasm for automation and control. You’ll bring a natural ability to build strong and positive working relationships through strong communication and collaboration.
You have a tertiary qualification in engineering, information technology, electronics/communications, environmental or computer science.
Your key experience:
- Around 10 years in systems engineering, with ideally 5 years in web application environments (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- 3 to 5 years’ demonstrated experience in designing and developing complex distributed IT solutions such as cloud, distributed systems or IoT integrated solutions
- Experience in field installation of data monitoring systems, including troubleshooting, calibration and maintenance
Experience in Project management and time-series databases will also be highly regarded.
What we offer:
Entura offers excellent benefits including flexible family-friendly working conditions, development opportunities and the opportunity to work and be part of a rapidly evolving renewable energy industry.
We’d love to hear from you.
To apply for this role, please attach your resume and a cover letter detailing what you’ll bring to the position.