ABOUT PACIFIC TRADE INVEST AUSTRALIA
Pacific Trade Invest (PTI) Australia is the Pacific lead trade and investment promotion agency. PTI Australia develops and promotes businesses and people from the Pacific through trade, investment, tourism and labour mobility.
At the core of PTI Australias work is improving the livelihoods of Pacific people by enabling decent work and economic growth in the Blue Pacific.
PTI Australia is part of the global PTI Network with offices in China, Europe, Japan and New Zealand. The Networks mandate is driven by the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat (PIFS), supporting the 16 Forum countries from the Blue Pacific: Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, FSM, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
PTI Australia is an agency of PIFS, funded by Australias Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
We have an exciting opening for a Communications Specialist to join our team on a 12-month fixed-term contract. Reporting to the General Manager Marketing, Communications & Tourism the successful candidate is responsible for supporting the implementation of the communications strategy and initiatives with a focus on digital channels.
- Managing social media accounts inclusive of strategy, content and delivery
- Writing the Pacific Insights e-newsletter
- In conjunction with other business units, develop and deliver eDM inclusive of messaging and reporting
- Monitor and report on PTI Australias communication activities with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation
- Monitor, update and manage PTI Australias website
- Staying up to date with emerging digital trends, new channels and opportunities to strengthen PTI Australias digital communications strategy
- Supporting the development and delivery of PTI Australias Social Media Accelerator Professional Development Course
- Supporting the General Manager Marketing, Communications & Tourism with other requirements
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Storytelling: ability to craft messaging across multiple platforms and for various target audiences
- Digital skills: high level of proficiency in emerging and traditional digital, media and engagement communications practices and technology (e.g. Facebook, video, Instagram, umbraco, CRM).
- Initiative: shows independence, initiative, and ability for self-direction
- Time management: ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple projects
- Relationship and Cultural capability: proven expertise building relationships, openness to understand the cultures, languages of Pacific people; ability to work effectively and respectfully with Pacific people, organisations, communities; and ongoing commitment to developing your own cultural competence in a two-way process
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years relevant professional experience
- A tertiary qualification in marketing, communications, or digital marketing or a related discipline and/or equivalent demonstrated experience in a related field.
- Strong written and oral language/communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working in the Pacific would be highly advantageous.
- Legally able to work in Australia
- Previous experience within the government or trade and promotion sector is desirable
The position may require travel from time to time a heath check may be required to determine physical and mental capabilities to undertake the tasks at hand with proficiency. A valid passport is necessary. PTI Australia is an equal opportunity employee
WHAT WE OFFER
- A fantastic working environment and work-life balance
- An inclusive and supportive team culture
- An opportunity to contribute to making a positive difference in the Pacific
- Inner Sydney location close to public transport
The health and wellbeing of our employees is our top priority. We have developed a COVID-19 Policy to ensure our people confident, safe and healthy whether they're working from office in Sydney or from home. The COVID-19 Policy is updated regularly to reflect the latest expert medical advice and Safe Work Australia guidelines. While this role is based in Sydney CBD, you will be required to work flexibly from the office and/or home as necessary.