- Ongoing full-time position available
- Thornbury location
- Competitive remuneration package with salary packaging benefits available
About the organisation
We are a leading community support organization working alongside people to live the life they aspire to, their way, providing a broad range of support in Homelessness, Justice, Disability, Palliative Care, Early Childhood Intervention Services (ECIS), and Early Years and Education service areas. A career with us means you are part of an organisation making a real difference.
Find out more about us!
About the role
The Senior Manager Operations is a leadership role within the Disability, Early Years and Palliative Care portfolio of MCM, reporting to the General Manager.
The role is responsible for sustainably leading key marketised services within this portfolio:
- Support co-ordination
- Early Childhood Intervention Services (ECIS)
- Early Years (Childcare centres)
The role is responsible for:
- leading and managing MCMs Support Coordination, Early Childhood Intervention, and Early Years programs;
- providing supervision and support to reporting Operations/Program Managers;
- meeting service and financial targets; and
- satisfying quality and compliance standards within operational areas.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership and expert advice on service delivery issues, planning, service development approaches and create best-practice service delivery goals, standards and measures of success to ensure expectations are clear and that service delivery strategies are well aligned to MCMs overall objectives
- Contribute as a skilled and productive member of the Leadership team by participating in activities to achieve strategic and organisational goals
- Understanding market trends and appropriately adapting service offerings and business model to optimise client and financial outcomes
Skills & experience include but are not limited to:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or at least 10 years relevant industry experience
- High level knowledge of disability services industry and other relevant legislation, disability service standards and staff management principles
- Extensive experience working in a commercially focused service/business and a comprehensive understanding of the NDIS as a social insurance scheme, and marketised services
- Strong understanding of the NDIS funding model and proven experience leading teams within this model.
We offer a competitive remuneration package including an attractive salary, access to tax-effective salary packaging arrangements and supportive work/life balance provisions. MCM recognises the importance of investing in the training, learning and development of our employees.
How to apply
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications should include a current CV and Cover Letter and address the key selection criteria listed in the position description.
Applications to be sent via the Apply now button which opens an application form on the MCM website.
Applications close at 5pm on 09 August 2020. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment safety screening process as part of the MCM selection process. Appointments to MCM roles will be subject to the following safety screening checks (as applicable to the role): National (and International if applicable) Police check ( which includes Proof of Identity check) , Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, Right to Work in Australia, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check, Disqualified Carer Check, current professional registration, and current and valid driver license. All costs associated with safety screening checks (except National Police Check) will be at applicants expense.
Our commitment to diversity
At MCM, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
Our commitment to safety
MCM is committed to the safety of its clients and employees, taking a zero tolerance approach to violence within the workplace and abuse, including child abuse and abuse of people with disability. All employees are required to comply with the Child Safe Standards.