Perth Based Role including International Travel to sites, International Opportunity, Supportive Team Environment.
Byrnecut Offshore Pty Ltd is built upon the foundation of one of Australia's leading underground mining contractors, The Byrnecut Group. As partners with some of the world's largest mining organisations, and with an extensive network of projects, we offer a variety of exciting job opportunities.
Byrnecut Offshore Pty Ltd currently employs around 1000 people worldwide with current operations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Burkina Faso and Mali.
All our roles require self-motivated individuals who have demonstrated underground mining experience in the position sought.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from experienced Safety, Security, Environment, Quality and Training (SSEQT) Managers to fill a vacant position.
This unique role shall be based in the Perth head office, however will include a strong element of international travel throughout our portfolio of international sites.
Reporting to the General Manager, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Liaising with our clients on safety, security, health and environmental matters;
- Ensuring safety and security management systems are monitored and maintained in accordance with Corporate and project specific Safety Management Plans;
- Ensuring employee training and assessment requirements are monitored and maintained;
- Conducting and coordinating incident investigations;
- Coordinating biannual corporate Audits;
- Tendering OHS & Security information and requirements.
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and attributes:
- At least 5 years mining industry experience in an underground environment;
- At least 5 years experience in Occupational, Health, Safety, & Training management;
- Hold a Certificate IV (TAE40116) in Workplace Training and Assessment;
- Hold a Diploma (BSB51315) in Workplace Health & Safety (or equivalent);
- Hold a current Senior First Aid Certificate;
- Demonstrated use of Microsoft Office software: Outlook, Excel, Word; PowerPoint;
- Demonstrated use in safety management database systems;
- Be self-motivating and willing to liaise and interact with local cultures;
- Be able and willing to travel frequently to remote locations internationally on short notice, performing Safety & Security Assessments;
- An Australian National Police Clearance;
- A good understanding of Injury Management processes, medical insurances, particularly in an international environment will be highly regarded;
- A sound knowledge and understanding of Security related protocols, particularly in remote locations in an international environment will be highly regarded.
Byrnecut Offshore offers an attractive remuneration package in Australian dollars. Successful candidates will be required to meet our pre-employment criteria including drug and alcohol screening prior to an offer of employment being made.
Please forward a resume together with a covering letter to support your application, by COB 15 August 2020
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted. To those applicants not shortlisted, we extend our appreciation for considering Byrnecut as a potential employer.