Strategic innovation in marketing and communications, Community engagement, Highly competitive, fast paced environment.
Ravenswood is a Uniting Church K-12 day and boarding school for girls located on Sydney's North Shore. Ravenswood offers the HSC, the PYP and IB Diploma programme. It is a school where students enjoy outstanding academic success supported by innovative teaching practices that are underpinned by a whole school approach to Positive Education.
About the Role
Ravenswood seeks expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced applicants for the position of Director of Marketing, Communications & Engagement. Reporting to the Principal and as a key member of the School Leadership Team, this role has strategic responsibility for the design, development and implementation of integrated marketing, communications and community engagement strategies.
The successful candidate will work with a team of experienced professionals, providing innovative leadership in marketing to effectively position and communicate the Ravenswood educational offering and to engage with prospective families and the broader school community.
The ideal candidate will have experience in managing strategic outcomes in marketing and business development, and in exceeding business objectives in a highly competitive environment. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to engage with a complex range of stakeholders is essential.
In this role, the successful candidate is expected to actively support the School's mission, vision and values and demonstrate capability in the following areas:
- A successful and proven record as a senior marketing and communications executive in a services based organisation, school or educational setting.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, lead and implement contemporary strategies, programs, policies and operational practices in brand development, marketing and communications to successfully support the strategic objectives of an organisation in a dynamic and competitive environment.
- A proven track record of leadership and management with staff.
- A proven track record in working within a Leadership Team focused on implementing the strategic direction of an organisation in a busy environment.
- A demonstrated track record of community development and working successfully with a broad range of key stakeholders with diverse needs.
- An appreciation of the complexities and nuances of the education sector, with the capacity to operate successfully in such an environment.
- A demonstrated track record of embracing, utilising and optimising technology and social media effectively to connect and communicate with stakeholders.
- A minimum of 8 years' experience as a marketing and communications specialist.
- Tertiary Qualifications in a relevant marketing or business discipline (minimum Bachelor level).
- A strategic thinker with a sound balance of commercial acumen and the imagination and creativity to respond to the changing educational sector.
- Confident, articulate and engaging with a personal warmth that engenders mutual respect with all stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Able to demonstrate integrity, courage, good judgment and resilience.
- A collaborative, team player balanced with the ability to be decisive and directional where situations demand.
- Authentic with a strong personal presence and natural capacity to inspire students, staff, parents and the wider community.
- Highly motivated individual with a strong can do' attitude.
Please include an up to date CV as well as a letter of application (no more than 4 pages) that addresses the selection criteria, qualifications and attributes.
Ravenswood School for Girls is dedicated to maintaining a child safe environment and is committed to the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide the School with their Working With Children Check number in order to be eligible for this position.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 5 August 2020
Ravenswood is a Uniting Church IB World School.
All applications must be submitted online, please click on the appropriate link below.