Exceptional career advancement opportunities, with clear path to leadership team, Be part of a high-performing, flexible & supportive team culture, Directly mentored by some of Australias leading experts in their field.
Operating from offices in both Brisbane and Melbourne, PPM is one of Australias premier boutique indirect tax firms. PPM was formed by a group of senior ex-Big 4 specialist tax and legal experts seeking to change the way professional services firms engage with Corporate Australia. Instead of selling tax services to be delivered by junior staff, we take the time to understand and comprehend our clients businesses, to share our deep technical and commercial expertise and to partner with clients. In this environment, you will have an opportunity to advance and strengthen your career as a result of your close, direct and extensive contact with proven leaders within the Australian tax landscape.
About our Innovations Team:
PPM Innovation was established to provide consulting services in relation to R&D Tax Incentives, Transfer Pricing, Export Markets Development Grants and related tax and commercial advice. Operating under a sustainable business model, PPM Innovation has managed to withstand economic pressures and grow during the past year, whilst other firms have downsized or let go key specialist personnel. PPM Innovations Research and Development Tax team assists companies to access government funding for their investment in innovation. Working with start-ups through to large multinationals, our Innovations team assists client across a broad range of industry sectors, with an unparalleled track record of delivering exceptional value in highly specialised areas of taxation.
Current Opportunity: R&D Tax Manager
Due to growth of our Innovation team, we are looking for a R&D Tax Manager to join us in our Brisbane office. This role is offered on a full-time basis. You will work alongside some of Australias leading experts in this field, who will impart valuable experience and methodologies that has proven successful in providing successful outcomes for clients.
Our team assists businesses to access various government funding and innovation opportunities, especially R&D Tax Incentives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate client site visit meetings to understand current and future innovation-based projects
- Travelling across Australia to gain firsthand knowledge of our clients operations
- Liaise with client financial and technical staff to collate information & build successful relationships
- Guide data analytic support to assess trends in information related to eligible R&D activities
- Supervise relevant data and information collection to support clients R&D projects
- Oversee and review project descriptions and grant applications for clients seeking government support for innovation
- Applying legal, tax accounting, cost accounting and management accounting concepts in order to maximise the eligible R&D expenditure incurred by our clients
- Delegating and managing the workflow of more junior staff
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- At least 3 years specific experience working in the R&D Tax field within professional services
- Undergraduate and/or postgraduate qualifications in areas such as
- Or another appropriate tertiary qualification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to write excellent reports and exceptional attention to detail (highly regarded)
- Sound understanding of accounting concepts with advanced proficiency in Excel
- Strong analytical, problem solving & critical thinking skills; ability to apply consequential thought processes
- Strong business acumen with proven time management skills; ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously in an effective and time efficient manner
- Demonstrated stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- A positive and collaborative approach and ability to work as part of a high performing team to provide excellent service to clients
What We Offer You:
At PPMI, we provide an environment that emphasises professional development, flexibility and the overall wellbeing of our people. We believe in maximising the value & enjoyment you receive from your career.
- An industry competitive salary package, equivalent to that paid by the Big 4 accounting firms
- Flexible working arrangements
- Direct working relationship with Senior Partners considered experts in their field
- Future proof your career via the opportunity to gain exposure to other areas of indirect tax such as Transfer Pricing, Export Market Development Grants, Knowledge Management, Innovation Incentives, etc.