- Fixed Term Full Time for 6 months
- Assist in the management of an extensive portfolio
- Band 6 (from $99,110 per annum)
Zoos Victoria operates three world-class zoos: Melbourne Zoo, Werribee Open Range Zoo and Healesville Sanctuary. Zoos Victoria's zoos are made up of passionate, energetic and driven employees committed to fighting wildlife extinction. Every person, from an extensive range of disciplines, plays an important role in helping the organisation realise its vision to become a world leading zoo-based conservation organisation.
This role is a six month full time contract role within the ZV Finance team to assist in the management of an extensive portfolio of tied grant, donations and sponsorship projects across a range of wildlife and conservation activities.
ZV receives external funds from a wide range of sources - Federal and State government, sponsors, bequests, endowments, general and special purpose donations, and through a wide range of public and private partnerships. This funding is often tied to a range of specific projects and outcomes. The position will be responsible for overseeing all the finance and accounting activities associated with the receipt and expenditure of those funds.
Tasks associated with this role will include:
- Review, update and implement the policies and procedures relating to the receipt and expenditure of grants, donations and sponsorship,
- Ensure all revenue is receipted and recorded in accordance with the funding agreements
- Ensure that revenue is recognised in accordance with policies related to the particular tied project
- Ensure that all tied capital and operating expenditure is attributed and recorded to the specific project
- Ensure that expenditure can be reported against the Tied Project in accordance with the funding agreement
- Liaise effectively with staff across WCS and Business Development regarding Grants, Gifts, Donations and Sponsorship and in particular the administration of their tied funding projects
The role will work in the Finance team but will directly interact with all three zoo properties, our Wildlife and Conservation Science Department and our Business Development team.
The role will suit a qualified accountant with at least three years commercial experience, excellent Excel and reporting skills and a problem solving mindset.
This is an opportunity to work in a challenging and rewarding conservation organisation with a small but dedicated Finance and Procurement team determined to make a difference and ensure we support the front line who every day fight extinction to secure a future rich in wildlife.
Applications close Monday 3 August 2020 at 5pm.