About the business
Simmonds & Bristow (Est. 1965) is a leading Water & Environmental Consultancy and Registered Training Organisation, with its head office located at Rocklea, Brisbane.
We help people make good clean water throughout Australia, with special emphasis on looking after small and remote communities; from mines, industry and resorts, to rural towns and indigenous communities.
We are seeking an energetic, motivated and proactive Training & Administration Assistant who is primarily to provide support to our Training Services (RTO) team.
Learn who we are and what we do from our website: www.simmondsbristow.com.au
About the role
This is a new position which became available due to the significant growth in our Training Services unit. This new role will work closely with our existing Training Coordinator to support the continuous growth of the service unit.
The position is available for immediate start.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Assist Training Coordinator with managing E-learning students, including:
- Set up enrolment from the online portal;
- Accept and process enrolment;
- Monitor and follow up students progress;
- Process assignments submission;
- Maintain, update and optimise online learning system;
- Assist with face-to-face training program project when needed, including setting up new jobs in the system according to company protocol;
- Word documents formatting, mainly for training resources;
- Collateral of training materials;
- Assist in organising and arranging staff travel, staff functions and business meetings;
- General clerical duties i.e. attend to reception desk, answer phone calls, photocopying, binding, collating, archiving, filing etc.
Who we are looking for
The right candidate for this position should be able to communicate in a professional and courteous manner, while working within a dynamic team in a fluid environment. Commitment to teamwork, a positive attitude and sound work ethic are essential.
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Willingness to embrace accountability.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate must have previous administrative experience, and preferably possess the following skills and qualities:
- Advanced computer skills across the MS Office suite, particularly in Excel and Word;
- Experience in an office administration role (desirable);
- Experience with Online learning system, particularly Moodle (highly regarded);
- Experience with RTO operation (highly regarded).
Whats on offer
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and are always looking for innovative ways to motivate and retain our team members.
- Competitive Salary;
- Immediate start;
- Be part of the staff profit share bonus scheme;
- Stable long-term employment;
- Start with 3 days a week with potential to become a full-time role.
- Working days and hours are flexible for the right candidate;
- A small, well-structured and Australian owned professional consultancy firm with over 50 years of service;
- Work in the essential services industry;
- On-site car park.
How to apply
Does this sound like you If you tick most of the other boxes, we would like to hear from you.
Please click the Apply button to submit your application via Seek. A Resume must be attached and Cover Letter to address the required skills and experience would be preferred.
No agent please.
- There is no public transport close to our office, so a reliable car will be needed to get to work. Car parking is available onsite;
- You must have the right to work in Australia, to apply for this position;
- Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.