Leading International Products Portfolio, Career Opportunity, Friendly Team Environment.
Product Manager, Life Science Team, Australia
In Vitro Technologies are the premier supplier for cell biology and translational research throughout Australia and New Zealand. Our range of cells, consumables, reagents, and laboratory equipment provide support for our life science customers workflow in application areas of Cancer, Neuroscience, Immunology, Cell & Gene therapy, Diabetes & Obesity, Cardiology, Pharmacology, and Drug Discovery.
As the Scientific Division at In Vitro continues to grow, we are seeking to appoint a full-time Product Manger to join our team.
As a Product Manager in the Life Science team at In Vitro, youll be responsible for the sales, marketing and support of a range of products in our Cell Culture & Cell Analysis product portfolio, across Australia and New Zealand.
This is a unique opportunity to build on existing sales experience and utilise your scientific understanding in defining and implementing key sales marketing strategies, provide technical and applications support, and guide the sales team as they assist industry leading scientists in their research.
This is a full time role reporting to the Sales & Marketing Manager and can be based in any of our offices based in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne. In this role you will engage on a day-to-day basis with a team including other scientific Product Managers, our Scientific Territory Management Team, Marketing Specialists and the In Vitro Operations teams. In Vitro Technologies is a dynamic company that creates on-going opportunities for advancing your skills and capabilities to enable your career progression.
What does your day-to-day look like
- Support and guide the Territory Management team as they talk to scientists about their research and identify products and services that might assist their workflow
- Implement marketing strategies
- Conduct market research and identify new opportunities and leads for the Sales Team
- Prepare for and attend national conferences relevant to your product portfolio
- Provide market trends and competition information to the In Vitro Technologies management team
- Work with the In Vitro Technologies operations teams with a customer first mentality to improve the customers experience
- Develop, initiate, and execute a marketing plan for Australia and New Zealand for the products in your responsibility
- Manage the launch of new products and services
- Providing technical support and product training to customers, IVT sales team, customer service and management
- Monitor and report competitor activity and advise on market influences such as price, value and product benefits
- Work with senior management to determine appropriate inventory levels, supply chain and profitability
- Conducting seminars, webinars and education sessions
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing suppliers, including complying with forecasting and reporting requirements identified and agreed to in the companys distribution agreement/contract with the supplier
- Willingness to travel interstate a minimum of once per month
- Willingness to travel internationally on occasion where required
Required skills & qualifications
- PhD qualification in Medical Science
- Research experience in Life Sciences, preferably in Cell Biology, Immunology and/or Translational Research
- Min 2+ years experience in Life Science sales
- Outstanding communication, scientific presentation and business development skills
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, confident and engaging
- Knowledge of the life science and biotechnology landscape in Australia and New Zealand
- Commercial acumen: ability to identify and pursue commercial opportunities; providing solutions to meet customer needs
- High energy, self-motivation and ability to work autonomously
- Previous experience in product management would also be desirable but is not necessary
To be successful you will have a strong sales and marketing background, preferably in cell biology, immunology or translational research. You will have excellent communication and presentation skills, be self-motivated and confident with a thorough understanding of the sales process.
- Salary and incentives commensurate with your experience
- Car Allowance
- Occasional International Travel as required
- National Sales conference & team building activities
- Training on new scientific technologies and products
- Professional development opportunities to enhance and broaden skill sets
- Laptop & Phone
- Free Parking
To learn more about what its like to work at In Vitro check out our careers page https://lifescience.invitro.com.au/l/careers
For more information or to apply for this great role contact:
Applications for this role will close on 5th August 2020.