At MCM Frame & Truss we deliver quality work to customers who value what we do!, Full time, permanent position | Mon Fri, 7am to 4pm | Location: St Marys., We value trust, hard work, reliability, commitment & learning together as we go..
- At MCM Frame & Truss we deliver quality work to customers who value what we do!
- Full time, permanent position | Mon Fri, 7am to 4pm | Location: St Marys.
- We value trust, hard work, reliability, commitment and learning together as we go.
- Great base + super + fully maintained vehicle | Create a great long term future for yourself here!
Hardworking, proactive & a youre great communicator too! Bring your Building Industry know-how and your unique talent for keeping things organised and running to plan, to our happy, close knit & quality focused team.
- Set high standards and tough goals for yourself and work hard to achieve them;
- Work well under pressure and enjoy positions that are dynamic and keep you on the go;
- Adapt quickly and are open minded when it comes to changing the plan for the day;
- Take pride in your work, rarely skip corners and like getting things done properly the first-time round; and,
- Like to lend your teammates a helping hand and care about the people you work with.
then WE NEED TO BE SPEAKING TO YOU!
Welcome to MCM Frame and Truss!
We are one of the leading Timber Roof Truss, and Pre-assembled Wall Frame manufacturers in Sydney. Were a family business with a building background that together with our team have been proudly building our reputation in the industry for excellence, quality and service since 1995. Here we like to keep it simple [kis] and we find this works well for us and our customers too! Come and join our professional team youll be working alongside teammates who have lots of experience and really know their stuff. Most have been here for over 10 years and we hope across this time, have come to love the place!
About this Position
The primary objective of this role is to effectively oversee workflow through Production and to ensure that the Manufacturing Teams have all the job details, machinery, equipment, supplies as well as the environment they need to ensure jobs move through the system safely, on time, in full, on quality and on budget!
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Safety promoting our Safety First culture across the business, ensuring all members of the Operations Team adhere to safety practices and procedures, identifying safety hazards and implementing solutions that make our workplace an even safer place to be.
- Communication with Manufacturing Team Leaders and Production Team Members throughout the working day to keep across their progress, respond to any questions they have and to help solve any problems that arise. This role is very much the communication link between the Production Team and the rest of the business.
- Quality Control will manage the Quality System, complete Production Quality Checks, raise Non-Conformance Reports and follow through to resolution, update and maintain Quality System Reports.
- Purchasing purchasing of all stock required to meet the Production Schedule (namely timber supplies and ancillary stock)..
- Stock Control will oversee all stock held by the business, overseeing stock movements, monitoring stock levels, stock taking, stock security, resolving stock discrepancies, driving to suppliers to pick up stock that is urgently needed.
- Equipment & Machinery Maintenance and Repairs performing basic hands on and repair work wherever possible, outsourcing repairs and maintenance to external suppliers as required, maintaining maintenance records, researching and recommending new equipment and machinery as required.
- Customer Service / Site Visits will liaise with site carpenters, supervisors and other site staff from time to time, will occasionally visit building sites to rectify problems with frames or trusses that have been delivered.
- Continuous Improvement identifying opportunities to improve current processes, implementation and roll out of new processes, documentation of new processes.
- Technology will process jobs and send them off to the automated saws, email communication, Excel spreadsheets, online ordering systems, access job related information, play a role in researching and implementing new technologies.
Theres a bit involved in this role so we know and understand that it will take you time to settle in and find your feet youre not expected to know everything when you start out! Importantly, we are here to support you and help you find your way. We have good processes and systems in place and training will be provided.
Right fit for you
This position is ideally suited to an individual who has had recent experience working in the Residential Building Industry and/or for a Timber Truss & Frame business and/or for a business that sells Residential Building Products and can bring to the role a developing knowledge of the Residential Building Industry and its practices and processes, complemented by the ability to read and interpret residential building plans.
Additional Selection Criteria includes;
- Well-developed communication skills that enable you to engage and influence people at all levels;
- Good problem-solving skills identifying issues and solving problems will be a constant in this role as the business is growing and we work dynamically to the needs of our customers;
- Sound organisation and planning skills - we will be looking for you to effectively manage your time and be good at getting the priorities in order;
- Technology skills youll be tech savvy and confident when it comes to using various software packages; and,
- Sound numeracy and literacy abilities.
- Please note also that a current drivers licence is essential and a White Card and/or Forklift Licence will be well regarded (however these 2 things arent must haves and well help you get them if need be).
Please copy the below link into your internet browser to complete our online application.
This will take you to our candidate hub. Here you will find a list of currently advertised roles. Please select 1410. Operations Supervisor | NSW and proceed through the online application form [it will take you just 3 5 minutes to complete].
Applications submitted using the above link will be given priority!