Newly created position, Casual employment, Based at Kelso, NSW.
Simplot Australia Pty Limited (Simplot Australia) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the J.R. Simplot Company, a family-owned, multi-national food and agriculture business. Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia, New Zealand and select Asia Pacific markets. We have built long term partnerships with Australian farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia's major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants and quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australias most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Chiko, I&J, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers and Five Tastes.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Fitter for a newly created position at our Kelso production facility. The successfulapplicantwill be employed on a casual basis, working across all shifts (day, afternoon, night), with an immediate start available.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, results driven and highly organised with sound experience as a mechanical tradesperson.
You will be responsible for maintaining and repairing equipment in a safe and timely manner to allow the production plans to be achieved. Previous food manufacturing experience will be highly regarded but is not essential.
The starting hourly rate is $47.80 + shift penalties and allowances
- Work as part of a team to support the factory
- Preventative, predictive, breakdown and corrective maintenance activities
- Project work and fabrication
- Problem solving and time management
- Work with automated equipment
- Work with the CMMS system e.g MEX
- Work across all shifts, overtime/weekend work may also be required
- Provide assistance and support to other team members as required
- Participate in Continuous Improvement processes.
- Fitter or Machinist Trade Qualification
- Excellent problem skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using a CMMS e.g MEX, SAP
- A demonstrated commitment to working in a safe manner.
- Knowledge in pneumatics and hydraulics fault finding will be highly regarded.
- Experience in a Food Manufacturing environment will be highly regarded.
In return we provide many benefits which include above award pay and conditions, an excellent safety culture and a company supplied and laundered uniform to highlight a few.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to complete a Pre-employment Medical which includes a drug and alcohol screen.
Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia, New Zealand and chosen Asia Pacific markets. Simplot Australia is family owned by the J.R. Simplot Company, a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
Applications close:9 August 2020