Be part of an ever growing and evolving business, Work with a collaborative and supportive group, Leading Energy Business supporting diversity and flexible working arrangements.
Theres never been a better time to be at AGL
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people.
If youre set on making real change for tomorrow, we have the scale, resources and ambition to get it started today.
Nows an extraordinary time to work with us. Were taking the lead on renewables and expanding our products to make them more sustainable, affordable and useful for all Australians.
Thats what we call progress. To achieve it, were bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, backgrounds and talent - and we need yours too!
- Be part of an ever growing and evolving business
- Work with a collaborative and supportive group
- Join Leading Energy Business that supports diversity and offers great flexibility to their employees
About the Role
As our business continues to evolve and we look towards future business opportunities, we are looking at an additional person to join out Integrated Energy - Future Portfolio team as a Senior Analyst for a 12-month fixed-term role.
The Senior Analyst - Emerging Generation and Storage Technology is tasked with assessing the technology landscape for opportunities that may change the investment paradigm of the Australian electricity and gas markets. The intent is to gain a breadth of exposure and learning from the multitude of nascent technologies that may play a role in Australias energy transition.
The incumbent will act as AGLs external facing ambassador in the emerging technology space. Therefore, a demonstrated mix of technical depth, commercial experience and stakeholder management will be required.
What youll be doing:
- Project manage the workstream from screening through to proposals and recommendations based on findings
- Gain understanding of local and international emerging capacity technologies that could benefit or pose risk to AGLs portfolio
- Develop views on the technical and commercial viability of technologies including their relevance to AGLs Generation and Storage strategies
- Apply learnings in an ongoing, continuous improvement approach to investment decisions that improves the Generation growth pathway
What youll bring to the table:
- A degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Economics, Finance or other relevant tertiary qualification
- Relevant post-graduate qualification or experience in an alternative field to the undergraduate study balance (e.g. CFA, MBA for B. Eng)
- Professional experience, including in the energy industry
- Experience with capital intensive infrastructure projects
- Understands the maturity, tipping point and key levers that will determine when and how the technology will solve a customer or business problem
- Ability to present complex concepts to a broad range of stakeholders in a concise manner
- Be able to converse and understand implications of technical parameters on commercial outcomes
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills, including proven experience working with and influencing senior management
Wed love to see your application, submitted by 5th August 2020
Please note - unsolicited resumes from agencies will not be accepted by AGL.
Proudly Australian for more than 180 years, AGL operates a diverse generation portfolio supplying energy to 3.7 million customer accounts. We have a passionate belief in progress and a relentless determination to make things better for our communities, customers, employees, the Australian economy and our planet.
Our goal is to make energy simple, fair and transparent and were continuing to innovate to enhance the lives of Australians now and into the future. Its an extraordinary time for the energy sector and we need extraordinary people to meet the challenges. Were bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and together well bring progress to life.