Support the Office of the CEO in a national for-purpose organisation, Provide high level administrative and governance support to the AEF Board, AEF is leading the way to an equitable zero carbon society.
Executive Assistant National
Hours: Part time, 3 days/week, 18 hours/week
Salary: $75, 700 p.a. pro rata
Status: Fixed Term 12 months
Reports to: CEO
What we do
The Australian Energy Foundation (AEF) is leading the way to an equitable zero carbon society. We accelerate the energy transition by empowering communities to take action.
Through our energy expertise, tenacity, and partnerships, we:
1. Demonstrate the pathways to a zero carbon society.
2. Influence and inspire to build understanding, investment and action.
3. Deliver solutions that have a positive impact.
We are practical visionaries; a national for-purpose organisation whose work benefits all Australians.
What you will do
- Diary Management
- Administrative Support
- Management of the Office of the CEO
- Provide high level administrative and governance support to the AEF Board
What an average week might look like
- Process invitations for the CEO, coordinate and host diary meetings with the leadership team and CEO, tabling and talking to invitations and requests and providing scheduling advice
- Prepare and collate speaking and meeting briefs for the CEO
- Prepare presentations, reports and documents for internal and external use often within short time frames
- Manage incoming calls, emails and correspondence, proactively determining significance and managing distribution
- Maintain the CEOs task list including working with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) to identify priorities and deadlines
- Act as the principal contact point for external stakeholders, including Board members and liaise with key stakeholders in consultation with the CEO
- Attend and proactively minute some meetings
- Prepare and provide management over meeting action lists, ensuring the relevant people are tasked accordingly and prompted when deadlines approach
- Assist the CEO and Chair to prepare and distribute Board meeting agendas and papers
- Manage and update all Board Documentation on network drives and google docs, including calendar, Terms of reference, work plans, charter etc.
How you will make an impact
Effect the smooth running of the Office of the AEF CEO, as well as providing high level governance and administrative support to the Board of Directors and the Executive Leadership Team. This support will allow continuation of the AEFs strategy, to influence and inspire our clients and their communities to build understanding, investment and take action to transition to a zero-carbon society.
You will have
- Relevant qualifications in business administration, communications or related field
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Business Administration or Executive Assistance in a fast and dynamic environment
- Full comprehension of efficient office management systems and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Exceptional organisational skills with a passion for planning, organising and prioritising administrative tasks and systems, including managing competing tasks rapidly and ensuring deadlines are met under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish friendly and professional rapport with a wide range of stakeholders, including Board members, organisational and individual members, senior levels of government, corporate partners and members of the public
- A level-headed approach to tasks, and the ability to recognise and implement continual improvement
Whats in it for you
You will be surrounded by people who are driven by our vision of an equitable zero carbon society. In addition to contributing to making the world a better place, you will have access to:
- Financial incentives for sustainable commuting to work practices and end-of-trip facilities.
- A versatile work environment with flexible hours and the ability to work from home.
- Individual learning and development plans to assist in your career progression.
- Additional annual leave options including paid leave over Christmas and the ability to purchase extra leave.
- A Health & Wellbeing Program with access to EAP.
- As we are a national company, there will also be opportunities for interstate travel.
AEF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We work with a diverse range of people and audiences at AEF. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and other people of colour, people with a disability and people from the LGBTIQ community.
Email your application to Rachel Maddocks, General Manager Operations & Major Projects [email protected] with Executive Assistant National in the subject line.
In order to be considered for this position, you must include:
- a brief cover letter stating where you saw the job advertised; what your favourite thing about the role is and why you decided to apply;
- your resume, including contact details for a minimum of two referees, including your last line manager (we will not contact referees without your permission);
- a separate document detailing your response to each Key Selection Criteria, as outlined in the Position Description, following the STAR system.
- download the Position Description from the AEF
Only applications that follow the above process will be accepted and considered for interview. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
Applications close 11:59 pm, Sunday 2nd August 2020.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Rachel Maddocks, General Manager Operations & Major Projects on 0400 418 363.