Work for an essential service company, Supportive & collaborative team environment, Long-term career opportunity.
At Visy, our people make us stand out from the crowd. We’re always seeking solutions, opportunities and possibilities. We look for people who see what’s ahead and run towards it. These people are helping us to achieve our vision to become the global leader in sustainable packaging solutions. Together, we can create a better world.
Our Beverage Can business is a major supplier of aluminium cans and ends to the Australian and New Zealand marketplaces. They are used for everything from carbonated soft drinks and ready-to-drink products, to beer. If you've taken a sip from a can recently, chances are it was made by Visy!
Reporting to the Factory Manager you will be responsible for supervising the day-to-day electrical breakdown and preventative maintenance activities of our Beverage Can plant in Clayton.
Leading a small team of on-site electricians, and external contractors, you will ensure safe operations in accordance with Visy’s policies and procedures, and pro-actively review plant maintenance with a focus on reliability and efficiency improvements.
Your strong communication skills and ability to work under pressure will suit this fast paced environment. And your attitude where no job is too small, innovative mindset, and ability to lead by example, will fit right into the team.
What you will bring to the team
- Trade Qualification - Electrician (A grade mandatory).
- Experience within a high speed, high precision manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a team lead or supervisory position.
- Strong knowledge of the full Allen Bradley programming suite, particularly PLC 5 , 500, 5000 & FactoryTalk View Studio.
- Exposure to mechanics, and pneumatics and problem solving with Mechanical Technicians is highly desired.
- Experience in 5 Why, root cause analysis or problem solving skills.
- Installation and commissioning of new machinery highly regarded.
On offer is a supportive team culture, ongoing training and career development.
When you join Visy, you’re joining a global leader dedicated to making serious progress in the sustainable packaging and recycling industries. We want to find solutions, make an impact and grow our business. If you can help us, you’ll fit right in. There’s never been a better time to join Visy!
You will be required to meet Visy’s employment criteria which will include a criminal history check and pre-employment medical (including drug & alcohol testing).
Visy is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.