Permanent full-time opportunity based in Miriam Vale, Work a 9-day fortnight, Flexibility required to work weekends and travel across the district.
Queensland Rail is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland.
Our Supply Chain South team currently has an exciting opportunity for a trackworker to join their team based in Miriam Vale on a permanent full-time basis. This position looks after track between Tamaree and Parana.
As a Trackworker you will be responsible for performing heavy manual labour activities. You will form part of a multi-skilled work group to deliver work allocated by the supervisor to the appropriate standards to ensure the operational integrity and efficiency of a designated location within a defined Rail Corridor.
This position is always in the field conducting Track maintenance or Construction and you will take appropriate action to ensure rail infrastructure is in a safe operational condition. You must be happy to work in a variety of weather conditions particularly high temperatures. please consider this before applying.
- Contribute to the work output of the team by carrying out duties in a responsible manner in accordance with competency allocations
- Undertake duties as directed by your Supervisor or other competent person
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the Safety Management System, Network Integrated Management Systems Business and Divisional Instructions to ensure minimal loss to people, property, processes and environment
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to and relevant work standards are met in accordance with Queensland Rail’s policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Participate in quality improvement activities and contribute to the development of new work practices
- Work within the guidelines of Queensland Rails Employee Management System
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must have the following:
- Hold a current manual ‘C’ class driver’ licence
- Previous experience in hands on labouring roles may be advantageous
- Previous Trackworker experience may be advantageous
- Front-end loader - excavator - skidsteer – truck licence, or other licences / tickets are desirable but not essential
- A strong work ethic and ability to work efficiently as part of team
- A strong commitment to safe working practices and zero harm
This opportunity is permanent full-time and works across a 9-day fortnight generally between the hours of 07:00 and 16:00. The successful candidate must have flexibility work and travel across the district and participate on a oncall roster as required.
Full time annual salary: $48,824 + penalty rates + overtime + super.
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake Psychometric Assessment, a Pre-Employment Health Assessment and background checks.
Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 9am Friday 7th August 2020.
Queensland Rail embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups.