• Permanent, full time role
• Melbourne based opportunity but would consider other locations
Are you a detail orientated, analytical but personable accountant with a proven track record in the construction/design industry Australia's leading architectural design studio is on the hunt for a new Project Accountant to join their finance team, based in Melbourne. Our preference is for an all-rounder who is comfortable with turning their hand to many different aspects of the role. Reliable, knowledgeable, with a passion for team environments and working together towards a common goal, you will work closely with our Sector and Studio Leaders along with the other Principals and Associates across the Group.
Who is Architectus
Architectus is an innovative design company providing comprehensive design and management services in architecture, interior architecture, urban design and urban planning. With a team of more than 350, the company is experiencing a period of exciting growth with projects across the education, commercial + workplace, residential, public, aviation and rail + infrastructure sectors.
Architectus is well known for its collaborative approach to strategic design and is committed to thoroughly understanding their clients' needs, applying research, experience and technology to develop solutions that are functional and elegant.
Working at Architectus is an integrated, balanced and overwhelmingly positive experience for all employees. With various social events, community development and environmental initiatives, career progression and personal development programs, you will relish the community-driven atmosphere and holistic approach to work and life.
In this role you will be responsible for the Project function to ensure monthly and annual reporting is completed accurately and in a timely manner. The role will include, but not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Assist Sector & Project Leaders in the preparation of monthly revenue forecasting
- Preparation of monthly invoicing for all projects in your portfolio
- Monitoring work in progress (WIP) balances
- Preparation of monthly Project Summary Reviews as part of the month end accounting function
- Analysis of project performance and identifying project financial risks
- Debtor management and credit control
- Project inception, reconciliation and reporting as required, including monitoring of consultants
- In house training of Sector and Project Leaders in timesheets, project costing and project financial reporting
- Assisting Studio, Sector & Project Leaders with financial and/or project reporting as required
- Consultant reporting, processing of consultant invoices and schedules of payments
- Ensuring timesheets are completed/approved and liaison with payroll
The team at Architectus looks forward to welcoming someone with:
- Project finance experience in the construction/design industry essential
- Good knowledge and experience in general ledger reconciliation
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and accounting software experience
- Demonstrated experience in ERP systems preferred (Deltek Vision would be advantageous)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Preferably qualified in accounting/business
- Strong numerical and analytic skills
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Takes ownership of tasks
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrates initiative
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast paced environment
Benefits at Architectus
Architectus is proud to offer the following benefits:
- Paid Parental Leave (PPL)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Mentoring Program
- Employee Referral Program (ERP)
- Flu vaccinations
- Active wellness program
If you are interested in joining us, then please apply direct via the link below.
Eligibility to apply for this position requires an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.
Applications close Friday, 31 July 2020.