- 12 month, Part-Time position working 4 days per week
- Work in a rapidly growing organisation
- Design and deliver integrated communication campaigns
Synapse ensures the rights of people impacted by brain injury, by connecting knowledge, policy, services and systems. Over the past 35 years, SynapseAustralias Brain Injury Organisation, has grown to employ around 120 people. We provide a range of services, including information and referral, specialist supports, National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) services, advocacy, housing and targeted research activities. Synapse promotes quality of life, self-determination and choice. Our mission is to ensure the rights of people impacted by brain injury, by connecting knowledge, policy, services and systems.
About the Role:
Were looking for someone who knows how to use digital channels to attract, engage and convert, through the design and delivery of integrated marketing and communications campaigns.
Social media is your thing; youre adept at strategy, content, storytelling, campaigns and ads. You are proactive at evaluating what resonates with our audience and providing content that inspires, moves, informs and converts.
You have the ability to easily adapt your writing to the language and style that cuts through with your audience, across all stakeholder groups. Youll also look to strengthen the Synapse brand through internal communications, external communications, publications and collateral.
Youll work in a creative, fun and multi-disciplinary Marketing and Communications team where no idea is too silly or too big, and youll have a passion for making a difference in the lives of others.
As the ideal candidate, you demonstrate personal alignment with Synapses core values. You will value a person-centred approach, positive and respectful relationships with other members of the Synapse team, you will be confident and driven to contribute to positive change within the sector and enjoy networking opportunities. You will have demonstrated excellent work ethic throughout your employment history and present yourself in a professional, friendly and engaging manner. It is also important you are able to work autonomously as well as within a team.
- Journalism, Marketing or Communications Degree and/or minimum of 3 years experience in a marketing communications or engagement role.
- Social media management including developing social media strategy, content calendar, and creation of content, paid advertising campaigns, FB lives and webinars, responding to followers etc. and support of online community managers where necessary.
- Developing integrated marketing and communication campaigns (internal and external) across all digital channels.
- Lead and develop content, materials and publications that are strategically aligned to Synapse organisational objectives (e.g. annual report, publications, newsletters, collateral).
- Demonstrated effective consultative, communication, interpersonal and stakeholder relationship management skills appropriate to a small, high performing team.
- Have a knack for translating the complex into simple and understand what engages an audience.
- Initiative is key, and the ability to use your creativity to develop content that shines.
- Proven time management skills and the ability to balance conflicting priorities and work to tight deadlines.
- Experience with Salesforce or CRM desirable but not essential.
Synapse can offer you:
- A warm, flexible and supportive work environment
- Training and development opportunities
- Salary Sacrificing options
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV and a Cover Letter outlining your suitability for this role. Examples of previous work will be required to be presented if you are shortlisted for interview.
This position will be advertised until the close of business on Monday 3 August 2020. Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this advertisement depending on the number and quality of applications received. Therefore, we urge all suitable candidates to submit their application as early as possible.