Strategic, Operational and Commercially focussed career defining role, Sustainable Agriculture Sector - local, national and international profile, Supportive, experienced board and dedicated staff.
NASAA Organic is a leading, member driven Agribusiness Association within the sustainable agriculture sector. The Association provides industry growth and development services in the areas of consultancy, technical support, education, online and experiential engagement, and industry advocacy. Diverse disciplines include agriculture, involving commercial food, fibre, and cosmetic production, from the farm gate to the consumer, in national and international markets.
The General Manager is responsible for the management, growth and development of the Association. The position would suit a person with a proven track record of success in a similar role, or a promising senior manager ready to step up. The appointee is expected to quickly obtain a working knowledge of the sector and its products and services and gain the confidence of key stakeholders.
In collaboration with the board, the General manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the Operational Plan which is aligned to the Associations Vision and Strategic Plan.
Success in this role will require the demonstrated ability to:
- successfully manage the Association and lead a small team to success
- prepare and manage a budget that ensures that the Association remains financially viable
- profile and market the Association and its diverse products and services
- identify and bring to fruition beneficial commercial opportunities
- achieve a high level of member satisfaction with the Association
- comply with all applicable laws and regulations
- develop strong and collaborative stakeholder relationships
- communicate the work and importance of the Association
- establish networks that benefit the Association
- build and manage an external network of contractors
A knowledge of agribusiness, food production, sustainability, and organic practices will be well regarded but not essential.
Based in the picturesque Adelaide Hills, this role will bring unique lifestyle choices for the busy professional whilst engaging in business in Australia and Internationally. This role brings an opportunity for a hands-on leader with enthusiasm and drive to achieve career defining goals.
Salary Sacrifice benefits and some international travel is possible.
Enquiries and applications:
Applications are required by the close of business on 7 August 2020.