Marist College Ashgrove is a Roman Catholic day and boarding school for boys, located in Ashgrove, a northern suburb of Brisbane. The college has a primary school for students in grades 5 to 6 and a high school for students in grades 7 to 12.
The College has a vacancy for an Accounts Receivable Officer for an immediate start or a negotiated start date. This is a 12 month contract with the possibility of the position becoming a continuing position. It is remunerated at a Level 4 School Officer position ($31.4447 per hour) for 38 hours per 5 day week, exclusive of 30 minutes allocated for lunch. Typical weekday hours are 8:00 am – 4:06 pm. Please note this role is not term time.
The primary role of this position involves assistance with the collection of parent debtor accounts for academic fees, boarding charges (including international payment receipting), enrolment deposits and charges relating to co-curricular activities.
Essential Selection Criteria:
The ideal applicant will have:
- A commitment to the Catholic and Marist ethos of the College;
- Relevant qualifications for this position such as a Certificate IV in Business Administration;
- Minimum 5 years experience in Accounts Receivable functions within a school context;
- Ability to maintain high professional standards in relation to confidentiality and integrity
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office, databases and various e-communication packages;
- Attention to detail and good organisational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Punctuality and reliability;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Current Blue Card (Working with Children) or be eligible to apply for a Blue Card.
Applicants should address the criteria above in their application.
How to Apply
Your application needs to include the following:
- Cover letter outlining why you are applying for the position;
- Resume including two referees;
- A succinct overview of how you meet each of the essential selection criteria
- A completed application form which is available from the College website
Note: To be considered for this role you must clearly address each of the essential criteria outlining how you meet the expectations.
The Recruitment Process
If your application is accepted for the next stage, you will be invited to attend an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the College reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found. The advertisement will be removed once an appointment has been made.
All candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
All applicants will receive an email confirmation of receipt of their application - please check your junk folder if you are unable to find this email.
Marist College Ashgrove is a non-smoking workplace.
Applications close Monday 3 August 2020 at 12:00pm midday
Once you have clicked the Apply button on our website or the Apply For This Job button on Seek, please continue to scroll down on this page to complete your application.
Download the MCA Application form here.
Download the Position Description here.