Work across two fantastic colleges, Part-time - 22.8 hrs, Fixed term.
Moreton Bay College (MBC) and Moreton Bay Boys’ College (MBBC) are two separate P-12 single sex Uniting Church day schools. Governed by a Board and led by a single Executive Principal, each school retains its independent legal status, a single sex focus and its own personality and attributes. However, both schools have significant strengths to offer the other and together have a unique market leading proposition in private school education for families on the Brisbane bayside just 15 kilometres from Brisbane city. Moreton Bay College
was established in 1901 as a school for girls from P-12 and now supports an enrolment in excess of 1100 students. The College has a strong philosophy of educating the whole person – body, mind, heart and spirit. The focus on academic excellence underpinned by a rich and caring pastoral program serves as the foundation of the educational experience for the girls at the College. This is coupled with a vibrant and strong co-curricular program across visual and performing arts, cultural activities and a wide range of sports. With 116 years of history the College is well established with extensive libraries, sports complex, a state-of-the-art music and performance centre, an Olympic sized swimming pool and a chapel. At the start of 2014 the College completed a state-of-the-art Science centre featuring 8 laboratories, a growth room and 4 experimental investigation rooms. Moreton Bay Boys’ College
was established in 2003 to provide a boys-only school that could replicate the culture and ethos of MBC and provide an equivalent educational experience for boys in the local area. As an International Baccalaureate World school, the College offers the great benefits of an internationally recognised approach to education. Our globally-focused syllabus helps boys connect with the world around them – managing, constructing and deconstructing knowledge and applying it to different contexts and experiences. Teachers use the Primary Years Program (PYP) and the Middle Years Program (MYP) of the International Baccalaureate to plan inquiry-based, differentiated units covering all aspects of the Australian Curriculum. Senior boys follow the QSA pathways with the majority of boys obtaining an OP. THE POSITION
We are seeking a positive, enthusiastic, and eager to learn Intermediate Accountant. This role will work across both Colleges - Moreton Bay College and Moreton Bay Boys’ College. This role will be responsible for the debt collection function including contacting parents for payments via phone and email - resulting in the timely collection of tuition fees. The role will also provide hands-on support with many finance functions, as required, including reconciliations and assistance with accounts payable and as needed.
The incumbent will report to the Finance Manager. All staff are employed by the Heads of College.
All staff need to be supportive of the values, Christian ethos and Ethical Statement of this Uniting Church day school for girls from P-12. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The timely collection of tuition fee payments including assisting with parent queries and calling and emailing parents;
- Finance duties as required including but not limited to:
- Assistance with issuing termly fee statements and setting up direct debits
- Accounts payable and invoicing
- Assistance with monthly management accounts
- Assistance with month end processes
Other relevant duties as may be directed from time-to-time. SKILLS AND ABILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A positive attitude with confidence and excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excel (intermediate level)
- High level of time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- High level of computer literacy
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Minimum 3 years experience in an accountant or assistant accountant role;
- Ideally degree qualified (commerce/ accounting);
- Experience with the debt collection function (or the willingness to learn); and
- School experience/ experience with TASS (The Alpha School System) software will be favorably considered.
- Working with Children Suitability Card or ability to acquire one, is essential.
CONDITIONS AND SALARY
- An office workspace is provided.
- Daily tasks are conducted anywhere within the Colleges (travel will be required between the Colleges so own car / driver’s license is essential).
- $67,890 package (including super) pro-rated ($40,734 total package including super for 22.8 hours a week)
- Annual Leave, Sick Leave and Long Service Leave.
- Contract role – end date 7 May 2021
- Part time i.e. 22.8 hours a week (ideally spread over 4-5 days a week)
Suitable applicants should apply by submitting an application that clearly provides detail about each of the following:
PLEASE COMBINE COVER LETTER & RESUME INTO ONE DOCUMENT Please note:
- a statement of reasons why you are applying for this position;
- a current CV that clearly details experience, particularly in relation to the above skills and abilities;
- any additional information you may wish to submit; and
- the names and contact details of two professional referees.
All applicants must declare
- any pre-existing injuries or medical conditions that would prevent you from performing this job
- any convictions of any criminal offences.
- that all information supplied is accurate and complete.