At Newmont, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. One of the largest gold companies in the world, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities.
Newmont Tanami is on Aboriginal freehold land 540km northwest of Alice Springs. It is a long-life, low-cost, world-class asset in a core Newmont region. The Tanami Expansion 2 project, aims to extend the mine life beyond 2040, investing in a hoisting shaft which will increase the production of the underground mine from 2.6 Mtpa to 3.2 Mtpa. Both the successful exploration within the underground operation and implementation of the first Tanami Expansion has laid the foundation to further develop the operation to remain a major contributor to the Newmont portfolio. A fully equipped camp is located 40km from the site offering modern leisure facilities for those flying in from Perth, Brisbane, Alice Springs or Darwin.
Reporting to the Maintenance Planning Superintendent, we require a safe and efficient Parts Coordinator forour Fixed Plant at our Tanamimine site. In this role, you will ensurethe timely delivery of materials and tools to the workplace, verifying that supply delivery dates meet work order schedule deadlines. Amongst a variety of tasks related to the availability and readiness of materials, tools and services, you will monitor maintenance work orders and analyse lead times and usage trends to identify improvement opportunities. In this role you will also engage in Material Master Request/Creation and provide back-up support for planning and scheduling tasks.
The role is based in Tanami and offers an even time FIFO roster from Perth, Brisbane, Darwin & Alice Springs.
In this role you will:
- Organise and plan the delivery of materials and spare partsrequired for planned work orders.
- Coordinatelogistics to ensure accurate supply delivery dates, resource availability for timely work execution, and troubleshooting when materials, tools or contracted services/resources are not available.
- Provide effective coordination and liaison between maintenance and supply chain. For this, strong communication, regular feedback and good organisational skills will be essential.
- Create and coordinate New Material Master objects in SAP and the correct allocation to Construction Types and Sub-Assemblies via the MMR process.
- Ensure accurate and detailed reporting and maintenance of good processing history logs.
Please note, the successful incumbent will need to be able toback-fill and assist planning and scheduling functions/tasks when the Planning Team requires it.
Your skills, knowledge and experience checklist:
- Trade Qualification Electrical/Mechanical
- 5-7 years post trade maintenance experience
- Experience with maintenance and repair of Mining/Milling/Processing equipment
- Computer literate with SAP PM/MM or other tier 1 CMMS
- Current A Class Drivers Licence
- Strong commitment to safety and quality
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
Note: Newmont does not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal.