Permanent full-time opportunity, Flexibility to be on call / standby and to travel across the district, Install, maintain and repair telecommunications and electronic equipment.
We are a large and fully integrated infrastructure business chartered with a responsibility that is pivotal to the success of Queensland and its people. Our culture is one based around safety and performance.
Our Supply Chain South team currently has an exciting opportunity for a Telecommunications Technician to join their team based in Maryborough on a permanent full-time basis. This critical position is to carry out the installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications and electronic equipment and report on the performance and condition of the telecommunication asset to ensure safe and effective operation.
We are looking for a strong team player who has a high commitment to upholding our work safe culture.
- Install, maintain and repair telecommunication and electronic equipment in accordance with predefined work programs.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) requirements and legislative policies including work activities performed by subordinate employees.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with technical and operational specification and standards including work activities performed by subordinate employees.
- Maintain records and associated documentation relating to asset condition, maintenance programs and costing systems.
- Report on actual work performed against the scheduled maintenance program and equipment performance and condition irregularities.
- Progress the implementation and application of work procedures and practices in pursuit of assuring and continuously improving quality.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- ACMA Open Cabler Registrations
- National ‘c’ class drivers licence
- Telecomms Technician - Trade Cert
- Electrical licence (restricted)
*Please upload a copy of your qualification when submitting your application (a JP certified copy may be required at a later stage).
46992 - PD.pdf
Benefits on offer:
- Salary: Approximately $65,138 + super + penalties for overtime and on call
- Generous superannuation scheme
- Working a 9-day fortnight
- Career Development
This position requires you to:
- Be available for call out/standby duties on a rotational roster
- Travel throughout North/North West and Central Queensland as required.
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake online and on-site psychometric assessment and a Pre-Employment Health Assessment including Alcohol and Drug testing.
Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 7am 10th August 2020.
Queensland Rail embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups.