Work Locally, Pursue Growth, Build communities.
Alliance Rehabilitation is a specialised allied health service supporting people with health, rehabilitation, and disability care across North Queensland.
Alliance Rehabilitation is seeking a copy and content writer to create and develop compelling written content. You will contribute towards digital and physical marketing, the development of clinical, educational, and motivational resources, and drafting and editing professional documents.
You will be developing brand engagement through your writing and delivering compelling content that engages and informs our client and customers.
You will work in Alliance Rehabilitation's marketing team, with our graphic designer and client engagement representative, and will work closely with our leadership and clinical teams to navigate industry regulations and requirements to deliver compelling content and articles that are targeted, sensitive to the reader and optimised for best SEO performance.
This role would suit someone who has a passion for writing and written communication. You will have a knack for storytelling, for distilling and communicating complex topics to a lay audience, for adopting different writing styles. You will have an eye for detail, comfortable with self-guided work, and confident in interviewing sources to quickly obtain the information you need.
This position is fulltime, based in Townsville and has a three month fixed term employment contract
Essential Requirements of the Role
- A journalism, English major, or other relevant bachelor or higher degree or proven professional writing portfolio.
- Excellent priority management skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects & tasks at once across shifting timelines
- We welcome applications from new graduates or students in the final year of their studies
- Lived experience of disability or health care or experience in a health-related role
- Previous writing experience in health and disability
- A high level of Business English literacy
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Strong communication and interviewing skills
- High attention to detail and mastery of the written word
- Experience writing and developing copy for a consumer brand or publication
- Experience writing for social media and blog publications
Mandatory Screening and Training (industry requirement)
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Current federal police check
- Queensland Blue Card and Yellow Card
If you do not have current First Aid, CPR, Queensland Blue Card and Yellow Card, you must be able to obtain these immediately upon employment and you must not have a record that would exclude you from working with vulnerable people or within the health and disability sector.