25 year locally owned and operated business, stable employment., Great work environment & team support, OEM training opportunities., Perth based, 7 am to 4 pm. family friendly roster, full time..
Service Maintenance Technician
Vermeer Equipment of WA & NT is currently seeking an experienced Heavy Plant Service Maintenance Technician to join our dynamic team.
You will be working on Vermeer's Utility product line, Horizontal Directional Drills, Trenching and Surface Mining, Vacuum Excavators, Renewable energy pile drivers, and Environmental Equipment.
This role is Perth based with Occasional non-rostered repair/maintenance Field Service requirements in Darwin Northern Territory and NW & SW Western Australia. 95% of the year your home every night and weekends. Vermeer WA & NT are not a FIFO employer.
Duties will include:
- Fault and Diagnostic work on hydraulic systems.
- Carrying out plant equipment maintenance and overhaul repairs.
- Planning each job for maximum efficiency
- Workshop and Field service support.
- Ordering parts (where necessary) from Parts Department.
- Carrying out mechanical and safety customer equipment appraisals.
What you will need to have to succeed in this position:
- Must hold a minimum Certificate III in Heavy Diesel Mechanical Technology.
- Hydraulic CAN Bus mobile plant experience.
- Must have valid Australian work rights
- Must hold valid Medium Ridged Australian manual drivers licence
- Current forklift ticket
- Display an exceptional quality of workmanship, reliability and efficiency
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- A positive attitude
What Vermeer Equipment of WA & NT will offer:
- Local WA owned Dealership with a great team environment.
- Well equipped workshop with OEM dealership standard equipment.
- A large knowledge base of equipment manuals and information.
- Dynamic productive team.
- Online training resources provided by Vermeer University.
- Vermeer will put you through a Vermeer certified master technicians (STTP) course that is globally recognised at Vermeer dealerships and support agents.
ABOUT VERMEER WA & NT
Operating since 1993, Vermeer WA & NT is the name contractors turn to for quality industrial equipment. We specialise in a broad range of industries, from tree care equipment, including stump grinders, wood chippers and arborist equipment, to horizontal directional drilling and HDD tooling for underground utility, fiber-optic network and pipeline installation. Also offering an extensive range of forestry machinery, organic recycling, surface mining and excavation equipment, open cut utility trenching and pipeline construction trenchers, and mini skid steers, Vermeer WA & NT has the equipment to get the job done.
Founded in the USA in 1948, Vermeer has grown into a renowned international organisation with over 150 dealerships worldwide. Our equipment is not only innovative and constructed to perform in tough environments, but is designed to deliver long-term value.