Senior Project Manager
Unique Style Homes is a small custom home builder based in the Illawarra. We cater to individual customer needs in design, style and service and have an outstanding reputation in our region.
We also own Panelup Systems an offsite manufacturing factory specialising in prefabricated and modular homes.
Unique Style Homes is at an exceptionally exciting time in its evolution having recently been featured in Daily Telegraph, Illawarra Mercury and many other media outlets for delivering outstanding projects using their own Panelup Prefabricated Construction System.
We have a unique opportunity for a senior Project Manager that is passionate about offsite manufacturing, to join our dynamic company with a supportive culture. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects ranging from single and double storey custom designed homes, duplex and multi dwellings, second storey additions and modular dwellings. Experience and knowledge are a must.
We are seeking a senior Project Manager for a 6-Month contract with immediate start for the right person, with the opportunity to extend contract which could lead to a full-time employment.
If you believe that you have knowledge and skills to take on any construction project, liaise with Clients, subcontractors, suppliers and site supervisor plus estimate, schedule and deliver projects on time then we would like to hear from you.
A vital member in the office team, your key responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Meet Clients and assist with product selections
- Using company templates, systems and processes schedule projects start to finish using Gantt charts and project management software.
- Liaising with planners, architects, engineers, and local authorities.
- Prepare full construction estimates
- Obtain creditor quotes, prepare budgets, and issue contracts
- Prepare take-offs and issue purchase orders for all materials
- Liaise with Site Supervisor on daily basis and assist with orders
- Estimate projects and occasionally present quotes to Clients
- Overseeing the delivery of all projects and manage variations
- Being accountable for multiple projects from inception through to completion
- Overseeing of subcontractor relationships and management, including negotiating subcontracts
- Continually reviewing and improving on the delivery of construction outcomes with a focus on improving efficiency
- Working closely with the Development Team from conception to completion to ensure on-budget outcomes are delivered
- Providing technical leadership and project management during the execution phase of projects
- Leading project teams, providing mentoring, support, and motivation with a focus on outcomes and quality
- Managing and delivering Project Control group meetings
In order to be considered for the role you must have;
- At least 5 years project management experience in house additions, new homes and multi dwelling projects with proven experience of managing various projects.
- Relevant qualifications in Construction Management including Certificate 4 in Building.
- Proficient in using estimating and take-off software including Sketchup 3D software.
- Ability to liaise and deal with client, suppliers and subcontractors
- Perfect knowledge of BCA / NCC and general construction methods
- Highly competent in reading and interpreting drawings and specifications
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously and to a deadline
- Strong attention to detail, and must be able to work both solo, and in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Responsible and punctual
- Pro-active attitude/approach to production and budget
- Self-motivated, ambitious, and proactive with a desire for ongoing professional development
The successful candidate will receive a salary in line with experience and qualifications. On offer is a fun, supportive culture with an industry leader, exciting premium quality developments, inspiring leadership and a real opportunity for growth and reward.
Desired Additional Skills for longer term employment
- Marketing skills
- Interior design / colour consultancy skills
- 3D Modelling and engineering background
- Video production skills
- Frames and Truss detailer
Our office and factory is in Wollongong, with ample parking provided, remote work is not offered unless sick or affected by Covid restrictions.