As an innovative science and technology company, we help solve some of our customers' most challenging problems. Our determination to deliver and improve today, and anticipate and shape tomorrow, makes QinetiQ a very exciting, rewarding and respected place to work and learn.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, provide technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests. QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world. In Australia we employ more than 400 across the ACT, QLD, NSW, SA and VIC.
About the Role
An opportunity exists for a Commercial & Pricing Officer within our Corportate Services business, based in Brisbane (Canberra, Melbourne and Adelaide will also be considered)
Supporting our technical delivery teams is our Corporate Services division; the oil in the QinetiQ machine. Together our corporate services team enable our people to continue to deliver great work to our clients.
Overall Purpose of Position is to provide general commercial and pricing support to the business to assist QinetiQ in achieving sound business outcomes in its commercial arrangements while maximising financial/operational performance and ensuring compliance.
This position works as part of the Commercial Team to provide commercial support to the QinetiQ business in support of our existing customer contracts, new business opportunities and corporate needs.
The role will have the opportunity to work across the broad spectrum of commercial activities, including contract management, estimating and pricing, procurement and subcontract management and export controls management.
This role will primarily act as a pricing analyst, supporting the Pricing & Estimating Manager, in:
- development of pricing solutions for new business opportunities; and
- maintenance of the Estimating & Pricing Governance Framework, including estimating and pricing tools and templates.
From time to time, the role will be assigned to a Commercial Lead to provide broader commercial support to the QinetiQ business in the pursuit of business winning campaigns and/or programs, which could include seeking subcontractor quotations, conducting contract compliance reviews, supporting bid writing, coordinating non-disclosure, exports and other agreements.
The role also supports GM Commercial in:
- administration of QinetiQ's commercial related policies, procedures, templates and training;
- monitoring group email inboxes;
- maintenance of the Commercial Portal intranet site; and
- maintenance of other commercial registers (e.g. export control, supplier assurance, Contract Management System, etc).
To be successful for the role of Commercial & Pricing Officer you will require:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Business, Accounting, Commerce or Law; or equivalent experience.
- At least two years' relevant experience working in commercial administration.
- Strong financial analytical skills, with good attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills across all levels, both with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to draft contract change proposals and letters.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- Experience working with commercial pricing tools (e.g. ProPricer or equivalent) and/or export control management would be highly desirable.
Candidates will be required to obtain an Australian Government secret clearance which will require Australian citizenship.
Applications close on 25th July 2020
Life at QinetiQ
Our people and our culture make QinetiQ a great place to work, we value integrity, collaboration and performance.
QinetiQ is a Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice, Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women and past winner of the Defence Teaming Centre Employer of Choice Awards.
We look after our people are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market. We celebrate our differences and incorporate diversity and inclusion into everything we do. Our salary and benefits package is designed to make sure we support our diverse group of employees through the different stages of their life and careers.
Some of our benefits include:
- Annual professional development allocation and study leave
- Flexible working options that suit you
- Leave purchase scheme to balance what's important to you
- Loyalty leave, earn extra days of annual leave up to an additional 10 days per year
- Performance bonus awards for individual and company success
- Salary continuance Insurance, protecting you financially during times of ill health
- Cultural or Religious day of significance leave to observe days of significance to you
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum qualifying period
- Dress for your day, no formal dress code just wear what feels good and suits your day
- Give back with an annual volunteering day
- Save money with our travel club and discounted health insurance options
- Be supported with employee assistance services and family violence leave
QinetiQ is an Equal Opportunity employer and a Defence Reservists Supportive Employer. QinetiQ is committed to all forms of workforce diversity and we invite and encourage applications from women and Indigenous Australians.