Great opportunity within rail sector !, Above average Super scheme !.
Founded in 1865, with approximately 6,500 staff, around $7 billion in assets and more than 6,500 kilometres of track, Queensland Rail (QR) is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
We are currently seeking x 3 experienced Operator Maintainers for roles based in Townsville.
In this role you will be required to maintain track by the efficient operation and maintenance of all plant and equipment associated with a Track Resurfacing Team.
The successful applicants will join an existing team that work 9/5 roster from our Townsville location. While you would need to be based in Townsville, during the rostered week the team will travel extensively throughout the network.
- Operate machinery unsupervised ensuring all aspects of works are carried out in an efficient and safe manner in accordance with all relevant manuals and track standards.
- Operate machines to ensure total compliance to Queensland Rail's policies/rules and safe working procedures independently or as a team.
- Carry out regular servicing, minor and preventative maintenance on all on-track and auxiliary plant to the technical level of competence attained to ensure maximum equipment availability.
- Liaise with the Resurfacing Supervisor constantly regarding output to maintain flexibility and updating program requirements.
- Assist tradesperson in mechanical/electrical repairs/maintenance of on-track plant as required.
- Undertake administrative and recording duties to ensure correct information is forwarded to applicable administration destinations on time.
Previous experience operating and servicing on-track and auxiliary plant, particularly ballast regulators and resurfacing tempers, in a rail environment is desired. Confidence with IT systems will also be highly regarded.
Starting salary: $48,982 + super – Approximately $25 per hour
Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5pm, Tuesday 28th July 2020.
The recruitment and selection process for this position will require the successful candidate to satisfactorily undertake a relevant medical assessment if not already completed.
In addition, the successful candidate must also be a qualified Category 3 Driver which will require them to successfully complete the relevant psychometric and psychomotor assessments prior to interview.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.