About the business
The Daniel Morcombe Foundation was established in May 2005 as a lasting legacy to Daniel Morcombe. It was established by parents Bruce and Denise after their son Daniel was tragically abducted in December 2003 while waiting to catch a bus on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
The Foundation's key role in the community is the education of all children about their personal safety. By directly assisting educators and parents through the funding and development of child safety educational resources as well as assisting young victims of crime, the Foundation continues to support all Australians to make their local communities safer places for all children.
The Foundation is strongly committed to the development and education of Respectful Relationships for children and teenagers in our schools and communities and also assisting in reducing the over-representation of Indigenous Australians in the Child Protection sector.
The Foundation's objectives are:
- To educate children regarding their personal safety (including abduction).
- To assist victims of crime, particularly where crime involves children.
- To remember Daniel with suitable child safety community awareness events.
- To support the families of Missing Persons particularly where it involves children.
About the role
This is a full time, short-term contract role (approx 10 weeks, immediate start) whose focus is to generate new clients and review current clients to register for the Foundation's key annual fundraising event - Day for Daniel (held last Friday of each October 30 October 2020). This position will drive the Foundation's national platform and assist in the achievement in the overall target market goals.
The Foundation's target audience is schools (primary and secondary) and early learning centres across Australia.
You will be required to deploy high-level interpersonal skills and excellent telecommunication manner.
The core responsibility of this role will involve the contact with and registration of Australian schools and learning centres for Day for Daniel. This will involve reaching out, making initial and lasting interactions, and reaching the decision maker of these entities to encourage and assist their participation. All clients will be Australian based, with all business conducted by telephone.
This position is on-site with School Fun Run in Southport on the Gold Coast, who partners with the Daniel Morcombe Foundation in Day for Daniel fundraising campaign. School Fun Run is one of Australia's longest standing and fastest fundraising firm.
KPIs will apply to the role, with a target of 60 calls per day.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm.
Skills and experience
- High level interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated excellent telecommunication sales.
- High level time management and organisation skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work systematically and use electronic software and databases efficiently.
- Eligibility for a Suitability Card for Child Related Employment (Blue Card registration) or exemption based on professional qualifications and registration.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- A current driver's licence.
- Applicants must be eligible to work legally in Australia; proof of eligibility may be requested.
All applications are to be in writing via email including a cover letter and resume
Interviews will be conducted as applications are received. Successful applicants will be interviewed on site
Unit 8, 46 Smith Street SOUTHPORT QLD