Permanent position, Leading Energy Business, Melbourne based.
Theres never been a better time to be at AGL
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people.
If youre set on making real change for tomorrow, we have the scale, resources and ambition to get it started today.
Nows an extraordinary time to work with us. Were taking the lead on renewables and expanding our products to make them more sustainable, affordable and useful for all Australians.
Thats what we call progress. To achieve it, were bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, backgrounds and talent - and we need yours too!
About the Role
- Permanent position
- Leading Energy Business
- Melbourne based
We currently have a great opportunity for a C&I Demand Response Manager as part of the Decentralised Energy Resources (DER) Team.
This team defines and executes the AGL orchestration growth strategy, with the ambition to create Australias largest multi-asset Virtual Power Plant (VPP).
The Commercial and Industrial (C&I) Demand Response Manager leads the development and implementation of demand response and associated orchestration products for business customers.
What youll be doing:
- Develop and manage key customer relationships to ensure success of existing demand response programs and near-term growth objectives
- Drive strategy and product development for C&I behind the meter asset orchestration
- Keep abreast of the competitive landscape and continually scan for new opportunities by building relationships with customers, networks, industry bodies, government, technology vendors and partners
What youll bring to the table:
- Demonstrated sales/commercial experience with business customers combined with a mature understanding of energy markets and products
- Business acumen and ability to drive strategy and business development
- Ability to lead cross functional project teams and execute on go to market strategy
- Highly developed influencing skills and contract negotiation capabilities
- Relevant tertiary qualification in technical and/or commercial discipline
Wed love to see your application, submitted by this date: 29th of July 2020.
Please note - unsolicited resumes from agencies will not be accepted by AGL.
At AGL all employees are encouraged to be themselves and to bring their whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people living with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTI+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. AGL has a commitment to maintain a diverse workforce, so welcomes the opportunity for applicants to share their lived experiences but recognises that some applicants may not wish to disclose, so that option is supported.
Proudly Australian for more than 180 years, AGL operates a diverse generation portfolio supplying energy to 3.7 million customer accounts. We have a passionate belief in progress and a relentless determination to make things better for our communities, customers, employees, the Australian economy and our planet.
Our goal is to make energy simple, fair and transparent and were continuing to innovate to enhance the lives of Australians now and into the future. Its an extraordinary time for the energy sector and we need extraordinary people to meet the challenges. Were bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and together well bring progress to life.