Be a part of the Justice and Immigration Corporate Office for Serco, Provide day to day administration tasks & support, Full time permanent role based in Barton ACT.
- Be a part of the Justice and Immigration Corporate Office for Serco
- Provide day to day administration tasks & support
- Full time permanent role based in Barton ACT
You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a high attention to detail and sound administration abilities. You excel under pressure and consistently meet deadlines. You are approachable and professional; able to maintain confidentiality and security of information and records for our Justice and Immigration (J&I) business. You can sustain a high-quality productivity level within a fast-paced environment and can build good stakeholder relationships with a calm manner. Youre a respectful and professional person who demonstrates exceptional moral values in everything you do.
About the Role
This is a full-time position, based in Barton, ACT, reporting to the Executive Assistant to the EMT. Providing day to day administrative support to the Justice and Immigration EMT and their teams, delivered with quality and efficiency. You will also assist with onboarding new employees, planning and coordination of special projects and provide backup to the EA to the EMT and reception. This position also requires a good understanding of office productivity applications such as the Microsoft Office suite and Windows operating system.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- The highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office
- Previous experience supporting staff in a large office environment
- The ability to manage document preparation scanning, printing, binding etc. of meeting papers on request
- Experience maintaining meeting room technology including manuals and assisting staff with use
- The desire to assist the EMT team with adhoc administration tasks (workshop presentations etc)
- The understanding that all documentation is to be confidentially filed
- The maturity to maintain confidentiality of all sensitive material and data associated with this role
- Interest in maintaining email distribution lists, ensuring they are current
- The ability to manage inbound and outbound communications, including calls and emails to support the workload of staff
- The ability to work with a diverse group of internal stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
This is a position of trust and responsibility and to support this we will conduct a thorough probity assessment, which includes an Australian Federal Police Clearance as an essential selection component for this role.
We are trusted to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people in our care across Australias network of immigration centres. Our team provides fully integrated services across facilities management, accommodation, catering, welfare, engagement, security, transport, and escorting. We are committed to treating people in our care with dignity and respect in a safe and secure environment.
If you are inspired to make a positive different and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply now.
Serco values ofTrust, Care, Innovation and Pride underpin everything we do. We are curious, creative and collaborative. Our people help in ways that matter.
NOTE: Google Chrome is the preferred browser to access Serco careers website