Our most valuable asset is our people. Nothing is more important than their safety and well-being. Our team, families and clients rely on this commitment. There can be no compromise.
Dwyer Engineering (DYR) is one of the largest steel fabricators and maintenance providers in the Southwest (Harvey, WA) and a major provider of services throughout Western Australia.
DYR pride ourselves on providing a safe and quality service to our clients, which includes shop detailing, fabrication, surface treatment, site installations and ongoing maintenance support.
DYR are seeking expressions of interest for a Junior/ Graduate Mechanical Engineer
A fulltime position may be presented for the right applicant.
The successful candidate will gain invaluable on the job experience as well as:
- Develop skills, competencies and gain relevant experience in understanding a workshop environment in line with best practice.
- Under guidance, contribute to the improvement of workshop management practice
- Gain a technical understanding of how our equipment works
- Gain knowledge in workshop processes and procedures
- Prepare project schedules and scopes of work
- Gain 1st hand experience and understanding of Project management roles
- QA/QC , understanding of the integration of quality management with the fabrication processes
- Gain practical experience in end to end operational and administrative aspects of the workshop environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with workshop Managers and project managers doing site inspections and estimates
- Compile and maintain the workshop planner
- Prepare quotes and estimates
- Processing and administration of quotes, repairs, warranty, and maintenance jobs in Strumis
- With the assistance of the Workshop Manager, document Service and Technical departmental process flows
- Monitor job costing and report variances to the Workshop Manager for action
- Carry out workshop administration as needed
To be successful in this position you will have a current drivers licence and the following skills and experience:
- Relevant qualification in Engineering.
- Sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals.
- Sound knowledge of processes
- Experience in applying engineering principles to multiple aspects of your daily tasks.
- Practical experience and pragmatic attitude towards problem solving.
- Sound interpersonal skills, numeracy and computer literacy and a basic understanding of contract administration, procurement, and subcontracting principles.
- A basic understanding of workshop practice, safety, and project management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills.
- Microsoft Project knowledge
DYR is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workplace.
Bunbury & South West