Gardner Denver Industries Pty Ltd, part of the Ingersoll Rand group, are a market leader in manufacturing highly engineered products including compressors, blowers, liquid ring pumps and fluid transfer products for a multitude of industrial users. Our flexibility worldwide allows us to target fast growing market niches within the industrial, manufacturing, environmental, pulp and paper, service, power, mining and energy sectors.
Our Purpose & Values:
We are proud of our Purpose and Values, you can Lean on us to help you make life better. Our Values are an extension of us where we think and act like owners; we are committed to making our customers successful; we are bold in our aspirations while moving forward with humility and integrity; and we foster inspired teams.
We are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and an ownership mindset, inspiring us to care deeply about our neighbours and shared planet. We pride ourselves on innovation and we aspire to be connected for life with our customers and embrace the responsibility that comes with that. We have the confidence to take on the hardest problems, yet we are rooted in a genuine sense of humility and we nurture and celebrate a culture that embraces diverse points of views, backgrounds and experiences.
If our purpose and values interest you, read onwe have an excellent career opportunity for a talented, ambitious and resilient Service Manager to join our NSW team.
As the Service Manager, your primary responsibilities will be to manage and lead the technical services team to ensure responsiveness to customer needs and total customer satisfaction. In addition, you will develop and manage existing customer relationships, especially with the large and key strategic customers. You will also be responsible for the management and growth of the install base through the selling of service contracts. Growing the aftermarket business is key and paramount to the success of the region. You will provide high level technical support and problem solving ability to the field and workshop teams.
In addition, the Service Manager will be expected to:
- Prepare and deliver the territory strategy to build and maintain the aftermarket and service business
- Prepare and manage the forecasts and delivery of the aftermarket revenue number
- Ensure the service team is certified and skilled to deliver prompt and reliable response and can identify problems effective to resolve customer issues
- Ensure work performed is recorded accurately and billed promptly
- Ensure market leading response times to service requests
- Manage and maintain the WIP to ensure it is up to date and at a minimum outstanding.
- Appraise the current and planned customer needs and advise on the suitable application of products and/or services
- Offer assistance and explanation when difficulties arise, ensure complaints are followed up and that satisfactory solutions are obtained
- Maintain and develop close relationships with key accounts and ensure their requirements are being met wherever possible.
The successful candidate will be an energetic team orientated person and have the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated PC Skills (SAP, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and databases).
- Ability to meet deadlines and organise work priorities.
- Demonstrate a flexible and can do attitude.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Focused on achieving agreed targets.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake research and source appropriate parts information
- Highly developed organisational skills.
- Self-starter, able to work under time constraints, detail-oriented.
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety policies and procedures
- Experience in supervision of an engineering/service related industry, preferably with compressed air experience is advantageous.