Are you looking for your next career move, Use your experience to drive continuous improvement and efficiencies., Work within the Aerospace Manufacturing Industry.
This is an opportunity for a passionate and motivated Industrial/ Manufacturing Engineer to join our Engineering and Technology Team reporting to the Industrial Engineering Lead within an aerospace accredited manufacturing environment.
You will be responsible for identifying, facilitating, leading and reporting on the development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives, projects and activities.
Utilise your previous experience to deliver process and production efficiencies and improvements, improve and optimise manufacturing lines and processes to drive efficiency gains, increase machine and equipment capacity and/ or reduce operating costs and labour hours whilst maintaining safety, quality and customer compliance.
Snapshot of the role
- Lean implementation and continuous improvement through the implementation of best practice principles to improve productivity, eliminate waste and reduce operating costs, deploying appropriate disciplines.
- Optimising factory operation through the review of standard processes and times to ensure alignment with ERP/ Scheduling system input data.
- Review of our Industrial Footprint (Factory Planning and Set-up) to ensure factory layout efficiency to achieve optimal production flow
- Process Management through Enterprise value stream mapping, workflow process mapping, Poke Yoke (mistake proofing) and zero defects
- Provide engineering support to the manufacturing function through review and development of work instructions and Standard operation procedures
What we are looking for
- Degree in Aerospace, Automotive or Mechanical Engineering
- Computer-assisted engineering or design software
- Strong understanding of composite materials
- Automation of best practice processes
- Lean Manufacturing methodologies
- CNC programming and machine set up experience Desirable
Quickstep is an Australian publicly listed company, at the forefront of advanced composites manufacturing and technology development. We are the largest independent aerospace-grade advanced composite manufacturer in Australia, partnering with some of the worlds largest Aerospace/ Defence organisations in our state of the art manufacturing facility located in Bankstown. Our vision is to be a leading global provider of advanced composite solutions. To achieve our vision we need diverse and capable people for management, technical and operational positions.
Benefits and Perks
Quickstep offer a market competitive remuneration package, career and professional development opportunities, a flexible working environment including the opportunity to purchase annual leave, and a supportive team where your contribution will be valued. We hope that you will consider joining us as we continue our progress towards becoming a global provider of advanced composite components and manufacturing processes.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role via Seek.
Applications close 30 July 2020
Quickstep recognise that diversity is a key asset to our workforce and therefore strive to achieve and maintain a strong diverse workforce where diversity is valued and encouraged. We are committed to promoting equal employment opportunities and preventing unlawful discrimination, as such, we encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds to apply for this opportunity.
Please be advised applicants will be asked to supply proof of eligibility to work in Australia and undertake a criminal history check as a part of Quicksteps pre-employment procedures. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.