Fulltime permanent role, Long standing Not for Profit Organisation, Salary packaging options.
In 1923, Legacy made a promise to help families carry on with their lives after the loss or injury of a loved one in military service. It was a simple promise that Legacy keeps today; providing long term social, emotional, developmental and financial support to the families of Australia's veterans.
Legacy strives to ensure that the partners and children of veterans who gave their lives or health in recognised military service can fully realise their potential. We care for those in need, believing that this adversity in service should not lead to social and financial disadvantage.
Legacy Brisbane is committed to child safety and, as such, is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation.
We are seeking an experienced person to join our team as our Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant.
The role is a full-time position (38 hours per week) and hours would be 7.30am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday. Ideally you have to be able to multi-task a busy reception area in a friendly and professional manner and provide administration support to the organisation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
- Provide the first point-of-contact for callers/visitors to Legacy House (i.e. operate the switchboard and to greet and assist visitors).
- Provide relevant training to staff and volunteers with reception duties.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, and couriered articles.
- Record service faults and log service calls for all maintenance and cleaning requirements (on direction).
- Undertake stock control and purchasing of stationery, tea/coffee supplies and cleaning materials, ensuring sufficient supplies are maintained at all times.
- Maintain registers of visitors, meeting room and equipment bookings and/or loans, service faults reported and maintenance response, cleaning requirements.
- Maintain the supply of information literature in the reception area.
- Provide administrative support to the Laurel Club as required; and assist with movie mornings, morning teas and any other event.
- Administration support to the People and Culture Manager including writing and compiling any policy procedures, documents or PowerPoints, as required.
- Support all teams as required
- Boardroom and Meeting room preparation and coordination, including arranging any dietary requirements
- Coordination of all identification cards, badges and Legatee business cards
- Administration and Event support required by the CS and FRMC team, including ANZAC Day, Legacy Week and any other major event.
- Assist with the coordination of volunteers required for the distribution of any magazines, e.g. Torch magazine.
To be successful in applying for this role, all applicants are requested to address each of the Key Selection Criteria: (No more than 3 pages for the whole Criteria please) and to provide a recently updated resume.
SC1. Demonstrated ability to provide the highest level of customer service while maintaining confidentiality and sensitivity when dealing with clients/visitors.
SC2. Able to operate with significant initiative and independence, be responsive, flexible and resilient amidst changing and often competing work demands and priorities.
SC2. Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to deal with a wide range of people (particularly the elderly) and situations.
SC3. Demonstrated computer literacy with a minimum of intermediary skills in Microsoft programs/products.
SC4. Demonstrated ability to work autonomously in a multi-disciplinary team in a reliable and professional manner.
SC5. An understanding and empathy with the ethos and mission of Legacy.
SC6. Willingness and ability to take on new tasks as required.
SC7. Positive attitude and demonstrated work ethic.
Applicants to provide a cover letter addressing each of the key selection criteria with a current resume/CV by Sunday, 26 July 2020.
PLEASE NOTE: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. We reserve the right to close the application process early and will be offering immediate interviews, so please do not delay in applying.