Rewarding Role, KPI driven, Leading Energy Retailer, Premier Collins Street, Melbourne location.About the Role
We have an opportunity for an experienced business to business Account Manager to join our sales team. Reporting to the Manager, Major Customers, you will be responsible for expanding and retaining ERM Power’s corporate and government customer base through our electricity offerings and demand response products. Your focus will be to implement the overall sales strategy by winning new electricity and gas business and strengthening existing customer relationships.
Our remuneration structure is base salary + superannuation with a discretionary annual bonus scheme linked to KPI's and business outcomes.
Duties & Responsibilities
The key duties and responsibilities of the Account Manager are:
- Achieve acquisition and retention targets as outlined in the incumbent's performance agreement;
- Account Management of SME Multi-site customers and customers with both small market and large market portfolios.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and system development to deliver greater customer satisfaction and business efficiencies;
- Ensure operational business plans are deployed and ERM Sales’ KPIs are achieved;
- Negotiate retail electricity and gas agreements within risk management policies; and
- Compliance with all relevant company procedures.
You will have significant experience in account management with emphasis on commercial objectives, and preferably within the electricity industry. You have demonstrated stakeholder management experience in a similar role – including relationship management, understanding the drivers and motivators of behaviour and are competent at negotiation and influencing. You have exceptional communication (written and verbal) and customer service skills where you always work towards a positive outcome for the company and the customer.
- You perform under pressure and deliver commercially sound outcomes;
- Have solid knowledge of structured products and alternative contracting options;
- You are self-motivated and achievement oriented;
- You have advanced skills in Microsoft office packages;
- You have high levels of organisational, time management and problem solving skills;
- You are able to travel interstate and intrastate with a flexible approach to work hours; and
- Hold a current drivers licence.
About ERM Power
At ERM Power, we thrive on great ideas.
For 30 years, our entrepreneurial spirit has guided our growth, and powered our people’s success. Today, we are Australia’s largest dedicated supplier of business energy, and a leader in smarter energy solutions helping businesses reduce cost, consumption and emissions. We also operate two gas-fired peaking power stations in Queensland and Western Australia, supporting the industry’s transition to renewable energy sources.
Our award-winning customer focus has earned us the number one ranking in customer satisfaction among energy retailers in Australia for eight years running.1 Our team engagement and enablement is acknowledged as world class, with 91% of our people saying they feel proud to work for ERM Power.2 By embracing confidence, team spirit, and contribution, we generate fresh thinking, creativity and nimble execution to give us the edge in an ever-changing market. Importantly, we’re small enough to care, but large enough to set the agenda. We ask ‘what’s next’ for ourselves and for our industry, always on the lookout for opportunities for our customers, our business, and our people.
1Utility Market Intelligence (UMI) survey of large customers of major electricity retailers by research company NTF Group 2011-2018
2Korn Ferry Hay Group Employee Engagement and Enablement Survey, February 2019
What sets us apart from the rest
At ERM Power we really value our culture and the way we work together to get stuff done. ERM has strong employee engagement consistent with global high performing norms because people love to work here – and we're proud of that! The work environment is Agile and fast-paced, with a strong emphasis on outcomes.
- Fantastic Incentive Scheme, Income Protection Insurance, Purchase additional annual leave and more!
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- A flexible, supportive and productive working environment.
This role has a closing date of COB Friday 24 July 2020
At ERM Power, we are an equal opportunity employer and recognise the value in having a diverse workforce. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Should you wish to have a conversation about what makes ERM Power a great place to work or for more information about this opportunity, please schedule a call with Nicole Szelag, Human Resources Coordinator here: https://calendly.com/nszelag/rolequery.
Recruitment Agencies please note: this recruitment assignment is being managed directly by the ERM Power Human Resources team. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners if required. Your respect for this process is appreciated.