Full-time permanent opportunity, Great remuneration and benefits!, Picturesque Hunter Valley location.
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 380 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
About the opportunity
An opportunity is now available for a multi-skilled Plant Operator to undertake plant operator and labouring duties, as part of our works teams executing the maintenance and construction of roads, paved areas, drainage facilities and parks.
Reporting to the Resource Coordinator, this role will also be required to:
- Operation of allocated plant under supervision and/or instruction, in accordance with RMS Regulations and Council policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Undertake general labouring duties, such as excavation and spreading of material, pipe laying, concrete works, erection of roadside furniture and roadside cleaning;
- Operate and maintain small plant and equipment such as chainsaws, plate compactors, hand mowers, hand tools, brush cutters, small fuel driven roller, and concrete vibrators; and
- Ensure a positive image of Council is promoted throughout the community through courteous, responsive and efficient service.
- Current Class HR driver’s licence;
- Demonstrated experience and competence in the safe operation, servicing and maintenance of plant and vehicles;
- Demonstrated experience and competency operating at least one of the following items of plant:
- Skid Steer Loader
- Backhoe Loader
- Demonstrated experience and competency in undertaking labouring duties for civil projects such as curb and gutter construction, stormwater pipe and sump construction.
$53,004 – $61,373 per annum plus 10.5% superannuation
- 38 hour per week position
- 19 day month/RDO scheme
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Applications Close: Thursday 30 July 2020 at 11.30pm
Please note, prior to an offer of employment being made, recommended candidates will be required to undertake a medical assessment (including drug and alcohol testing). Council may also complete a range of other pre-employment checks, such as references, employment history checks, working with children checks or a criminal record check.
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.