Travel and Accounts Officer
- Short term contract (4 Weeks) TO START IMMEDIATELY
- Salary based on experience FTE $57,820 to $80,205 plus superannuation
- Attractive employee benefits including salary packaging
About the role
We have an opportunity for an experienced administration professional to join Aboriginal Legal Service of Western Australia (ALSWA) team as Travel & Accounts officer at our Perth office to relief for 4 weeks. In this position the travel & accounts officer is responsible for making travel and accommodation bookings for all staff of ALSWA and is responsible for the preparation, calculation and payment for all travel related expenditures including Travel Allowances.
The successful applicant will undertake various administrative and accounts duties which include being the first point of contact for the CFO. Manage the Accounts Payable functions to ensure that all invoices are approved, costed correctly, entered into the system and make payments on a weekly and ad hoc basis in accordance with the conditions of the contract / purchase order.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to demonstrate the following experience:
- Proven experience as a Travel & Accounts Officer
- A proactive, effective and efficient administrative support with extensive experience in accounting and booking systems.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of team
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Sybiz Vision accounting system an advantage and a strong knowledge of all MS Office applications.
- A high level of attention to detail with the ability to show discretion and maintain confidentiality.
About our benefits
We have a friendly, caring and diverse work environment. We offer attractive employment benefits including salary packaging (making part of your salary tax-free), free counselling services to employees and immediate family through our Employee Assistance Program and flexible working arrangements. We also provide five weeks of annual leave per year with leave loading.
ALSWA is a not for profit independent government funded organisation working to provide high quality representation and assistance to the Aboriginal community in WA
Our aim is to deliver a quality legal service and education which contributes to participation, empowerment and recognition to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples throughout WA.
ALSWA has 11 offices across regional WA and practices in the areas of criminal, civil, human rights and family law, as well as law reform, community legal education, a diversionary program for Aboriginal youth and now, the custody notification service. The service is a ground-breaking program for our organisation.
We live our values of caring, sharing and respect.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our clients and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. ALSWA strongly encouraged applications from Indigenous Australians. We also encourage applications from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with a disability and provides an environment that values diversity and supports all staff to reach their full potential.