Largest producer of Lemon Myrtle, Perfect opportunity for a visionary leader, Great location and benefits.
Australian Native Products (ANP) was founded in 1998 as a niche Lemon Myrtle producer on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, with customers located in the local region, interstate and overseas. Due to significant investment over recent years, we have grown to become the worlds largest producer of Lemon Myrtle, by diversifying across other product categories and geographies both locally and internationally and establishing a global customer base.
We are looking for a dynamic leader that has exceptional people skills and proven business management experience to lead cross-functional teams and deliver results.
Reporting to the Board and leading the Senior Management Team you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the business. The geographical coverage of this role includes Australia (NSW & QLD) and Malaysia.
This role will require you to be across all areas of the business, including sales and marketing, production, R&D, HR, finance and systems. You will be responsible for refining and executing the strategic plan to deliver the company vision.
This is a full-time position based at our Head Office in Sydney Metro. Travel may be required within Australia and overseas, safety permitting.
This is a senior position that requires strong commercial & financial acumen and a focus on delivering outcomes. To be successful in this role you will be proactive, innovative, logical and analytical, highly organised and have the skill to direct all functions across the business. You will be responsible for the following:
- Refining and executing company strategy
- Drive profitability
- Improving efficiency and effectiveness of business operations
- Identifying and developing diversification opportunities (i.e. product, customer, geographic)
- Determining R&D priorities and leading R&D resources to deliver research outcomes efficiently
- Role modeling ethical and constructive leadership behaviours
- Developing and delivering brand promotion strategy effectively and efficiently
- Ensuring service delivery meets and exceeds Customer requirements
- Producing budgets/forecasts, and managing business performance
- Identifying and managing strategic and operational risks
- Preparing Board reports and attending Board meetings
- Building constructive and positive relationships with key customers, commercial partners, government agencies and community stakeholders
Required skills and experience:
- High degree of personal integrity, professionalism and accountability
- Tertiary qualifications and management experience in a related discipline (e.g. business, commerce, economics or similar)
- Highly developed analytical skills and strategic thinking ability
- Financial acumen and risk management skills
- Experience and proficiency in delivering commercial solutions based on customer needs and insights
- Able to handle complex decisions with competing variables
- Experience in managing change and transformation
- Mentoring and influencing skills to empower and enable others
- Proven experience in leading and managing diverse teams across cultures
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Highly developed negotiation and strategic relationship management skills
Desired skills, experience and qualities:
- MBA or other professional qualification
- R&D or scientific experience
- Experience in food & beverage, flavour & fragrance ingredient industries
- Understanding of agricultural production
Key Selection Criteria
Please briefly outline your experience in the following:
- Strategic decision making
- Financial management and governance
- Leadership and influencing others
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Driving profitability
- Understanding all the core functions in a business
To Apply: Please provide a cover letter addressing the full selection criteria and your current Resume when submitting your application.
Closing Date: Friday 21 August 2020