Opportunity to join a small, passionate and supportive team, Great leave and PBI benefits.
hard heads, soft hearts, capable hands
AIEF was established in 2008 in response to community demand from Indigenous families who choose to enrol their children in boarding schools.
Bringing together the government and private sector, AIEF provides scholarship funding for Indigenous students to complete Year 12 or tertiary studies, with career support to help them make a successful transition to their chosen careers.
AIEF has grown from one scholarship student in 2008, to now having around 400 students on scholarships annually, with a network of over 600 alumni and growing by over 70 graduates each year, from over 400 communities from every state and territory across Australia.
The Assistant Accountant is integral to the AIEF Business Services team and wider organisation in terms of the day to day financial operations, and providing support to the Business Services Manager.
As Assistant Accountant your responsibilities broadly cover the data entry associated with ensuring the integrity of the general ledger, subsidiary systems and bank accounts. This includes:
- Accounts Payable functions
- Donation receipting
- Payroll processing
- Bank Account and Credit Card reconciliations
- Assisting the Business Services Manager and Business Services team as required
We are looking for someone who is motivated by AIEFs mission and values, and has:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Accounting with at least 2 years experience in a hands-on finance and accounting function
- Proven ability to work both alone and part of a small team, liaising with stakeholders across the organisation
- Experience in the use of Accounting software (preferably MYOB Advanced)
- Experience in processing payroll
- Advanced excel skills
It is highly desirable that you have:
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector
- An understanding of AIEFs working environment, including not-for-profit financial and regulatory responsibilities
- Experience in the use of CRM (preferably Dynamics 365)
- Ability to identify and execute on process and system improvements
Attributes and Approach
- Capacity to work flexibly and proven ability to prioritise workload independently
- Understand the importance of adhering to organisational accounting procedures
- Thorough and accurate with a high level of attention to detail
- Pragmatic and applies common sense to findings
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to build and sustain relationships
- Exceptional time management and planning skills, including demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Outcomes focused
Applications close 9am Thursday 30 July 2020
Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply.
All AIEF employees are required to undergo a National Criminal Record Check by the Australian Federal Police and a Working with Children Check by the relevant State and Territory Government(s) as a condition of employment.