- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
SMEC deliver smart solutions for clients and communities in Infrastructure, Urban Development and Management Services
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the infrastructure market is the result of building long-term client relationships. We listen and understand the specific needs of our clients and deliver a complete value chain of services to provide sustainable solutions across major infrastructure projects worldwide.
We embrace emerging technologies and innovations, including BIM and Virtual Reality, to deliver robust engineering services across the fields of transport and logistics, water and environment and energy and resources.
The Experienced Transport Planner will be responsible for assisting with the project management and delivery of a range of civil engineering, transport planning and traffic engineering projects. This is a permanent opportunity based out of our Sydney office.
The successful person will have technical expertise in several areas and a strong desire to learn new skills and participate in the variety of projects that the Transport Planning Team undertakes within the traffic engineering and transport planning disciplines. These are many and varied and may include any of the following areas of interest:
- Traffic Impact Assessments and intersection improvement studies
- Active Transport Plans and Traveller Demand Management Studies
- Regional Structure Planning and Precinct Master planning
- Road corridor investigations and urban improvement studies
- Integrated Transport Plans and Regional Transport Studies
- Parking precinct plans and property access design improvements
- Public Transport Studies and Bus Facility investigations
- Pedestrian studies and bicycle studies
- Local Area Traffic Management plans
It is intended that the Transport Planner will be involved in a variety of these projects and be able to adapt skills to address project specific needs.
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Local NSW experience working on large transport planning projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with AIMSUN, VISSIM and SIDRA
- Able to undertake extensive travel domestic and nationally
- Experience of undertaking key technical tasks independently across a broad range of small to medium profile projects
- Be effective in managing client relationships and expectations (internal and external), communication and bid writing.
- Ability to provide guidance to more junior team members.
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders [link removed].
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC Australia recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land in which we live and work – Australia. We are committed to equitable recruitment practices and as such, encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
How to apply
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.