Permanent full-time position, Friendly professional team of staff, modern facilities and attractive conditions, Please visit www.kingsway.wa.edu.au/employment for application form and details.
Kingsway Christian College is a co-educational non-denominational Christian day school with more than 1400 students enrolled in K-12. The College has a friendly professional team of staff, modern facilities and attractive employment conditions.
At Kingsway, we support and nurture our students so they can excel in their education, strive for excellence and develop their individual character. The College campus technology and infrastructure is designed to support creativity and innovation.
The College provides a supportive environment for staff and is committed to staff health and well-being through various initiatives including an Employee Assistance Program and free staff flu vaccinations.
Kingsway Christian College thrives on bringing out the best in its people who go on to influence the world around, for the glory of God.
Suitably qualified and experienced applicants are encouraged to apply for this position, commencing Term 3, 2020. The Finance Manager assists the Director of Corporate Services in the financial and business management of the College, including the leadership and management of staff within the Finance Department, Uniform Shop and Caf.
This position is responsible for ensuring that the College has efficient, accurate and reliable accounting and processing procedures, that records and controls are accurately maintained and to continually strive to streamline and improve financial processes throughout the College.
The successful applicant will meet the position selection criteria, some of which include:
- ability to actively support the College Christian ethos
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- qualification as a Certified Practising Accountant (CPA or CA) or equivalent
- substantial experience as a financial accountant, particularly in financial reporting and account dissection and analysis
- experience in working with accounting-based software applications
- experience in management of the payroll function, including knowledge of associated industrial relations issues
- excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate financial concepts to non-financial people
- superior skills in Excel and financial modelling
- excellent staff management skills
- ability and willingness to uphold and role model the Colleges values of Collaboration, Holistic, Relationships, Integrity, Service & Transformation
- excellent organisational skills
- demonstrated ability to foster and promote positive personal relationships with all stakeholders
- driven by a genuine customer service ethos and able to inspire the same in others
- ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively as a member of a team
- absolute discretion when dealing with confidential information
Kingsway Christian College is fully committed to the protection of children. Successful applicants must satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the Colleges child protection policies and Staff Code of Conduct. The successful applicant must hold a WWCC Card (or able to apply) and National Police Clearance (no more than 3 months old).
Applications must include a completed Admin & Support Staff Application Form, responses to the selection criteria, a detailed CV and a letter of reference from your current Pastor.
CLOSING DATE: 12 noon Wednesday 5 August 2020