Work in a passionate team proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation, Enjoy living in Tropical North Queensland working in our Cairns location, Full Time Role | Competitive Base + Relocation Allowance ( If applicable).
Reporting to the Line Maintenance Manager, the B2 Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (LAME)- Line are responsible for supporting the 24/7 RFDS QLD operation by ensuring all associated aircraft scheduled maintenance and fleet AOG defects are covered for QLD.
This role requires a proactive, experienced person with a high attention to detail who can be flexible and work autonomously.
Your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Conduct weekly scheduled aircraft Line maintenance checks and rectifications of aircraft
- Conduct troubleshooting and rectification of any line defects arising daily in the course of flight operations for all aircraft
- Conduct all scheduled and corrective maintenance in a timely manner meeting expected on time performance (OTP) without impact to aircraft network
- Availability for AOG call outs after hours and weekends for fleet defect rectification Queensland wide
- Support RFDS operations QLD wide
- Compliance with all Occupational, Health, Safety & Welfare and Equal Employment Opportunity obligations
Who we are looking for
To be successful in this role you will need to possess the following:
- Minimum 5 years aircraft maintenance experience
- Minimum 2 years aircraft maintenance experience on RFDS QLD aircraft Types
- Proven experience with current RFDS aircraft avionics packages
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Ability to pick up new computer applications.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment in relation to Aircraft Maintenance in a PT145 operation
- Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME) License Exclusion free
- Trade Certificate or equivalent
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, RFDS delivers extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Australia.
As a member of the team driving RFDS from behind the scenes, youll come to work knowing that your efforts are enabling our work in helping people in Queensland communities.
Please note: This role will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, will be subject to criminal history check, and will require to be eligible to receive and maintain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) and flexible working hours (including work outside or core business hours) may be required.
Please submit your application including demonstrated experience that highlights your suitability to this opportunity.
quoting reference number RFDS477 by close of business on 31st July 2020.
Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, were there. Thats how its been for almost a century. Join us and help us keep it that way.