About the role
We are seeking a Scientific Sampler for a short term temporary opportunity to support the delivery of Seqwater’s Scientific Monitoring programs for Lakes, Catchments and built treated water assets.
This is a physically demanding role and requires travel across the region, which may include some remote places, you will be responsible for field-based Water Quality, Environmental and Process Improvement sampling, analysis and data entry, continuously assisting to improve the way we work. If you are passionate about high quality scientific collection of data and dedicated to our promise of Safe for Life we would love to speak with you.
Servicing the Northern Region you will based from our regional base at North Pine Dam (Joyner).
This is a fixed term contract through until 30 October 2020 with a possibility of extension.
To set you up for success in this role you will have
- Hold or be working towards a tertiary qualification in a relevant science or engineering discipline
- Unrestricted Class C Driver’s Licence for a motor vehicle
- Recreation Marine Driver’s Licence (desirable)
- Coxswains accreditation (desirable)
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team and promote good working relationships within teams in the workplace
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people at all levels internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a results oriented environment with skills in time management and personal organisation
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits including up to 12.75% superannuation
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements to ensure work / life balance
This position has been graded in accordance with Seqwater's Enterprise Agreement as a PO2 with a salary of $71,690.37 plus up to 12.75% superannuation
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: 5pm, Thursday 23 July 2020
Please note a criminal history check and pre-employment medical will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position.
Integrity, respect, care and courage are at the heart of the way we work and interact with our colleagues, stakeholders, customers and the communities every day.
‘We are a safe, inclusive workplace that supports diversity and opportunity. We invest in our people and empower them to make decisions and challenge the status quo’
For a list of all current vacancies (including position descriptions) visit careers.seqwater.com.au