Highly reputable global company, Small team environment, Attractive remuneration package.
Gardner Denver Industries Pty Ltd, part of the Ingersoll Rand group, are a market leader in manufacturing highly engineered products including compressors, blowers, liquid ring pumps and fluid transfer products for a multitude of industrial users. Our flexibility worldwide allows us to target fast growing market niches within the industrial, manufacturing, environmental, pulp and paper, service, power, mining and energy sectors.
Purpose & Values:
We are proud of our Purpose and Values, you can Lean on us to help you make life better. Our values are an extension of us where we think and act like owners; we are committed to making our customers successful; we are bold in our aspirations while moving forward with humility and integrity and we foster inspired teams.
We are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and an ownership mindset, inspiring us to care deeply about our neighbours and shared planet. We pride ourselves on innovation and we aspire to be connected for life with our customers and embrace the responsibility that comes with that. We have the confidence to take on the hardest problems, yet we are rooted in a genuine sense of humility and we nurture and celebrate a culture that embraces diverse points of views, backgrounds and experiences.
If our purpose and values interest you, read on.. we have an excellent career opportunity for an ambitious and self-motivated sales professional with an Aftermarket focus to join the Australian team as part of our Nash division. This role will be located in Perth, Western Australia, and report to the Sales Manager.
As the Sales Engineer you will be responsible for maintaining and growing selected existing accounts and increasing our portfolio of clients. This role has a strong orientation towards business growth, requiring face-to-face liaison with existing and potential clientele. You will need to be able to establish and maintain high level relations and support to the customer base.
In addition, will be expected to:
- Follow and adhere to all Gardner Denver policies and safety procedures.
- Identify and manage key accounts in the allocated sales region.
- Develop a call (meeting) cycle with existing selected customers and prospects.
- Proactively contact customers and prospects to set up meetings.
- Schedule and perform meetings with customers and prospects.
- Qualify and develop leads from various sources.
- Prepare quotations for repairs and new machinery.
- Maintain and improve sales strategies and procedures for the region.
- Develop budgets and booking forecasts.
- Achieve set budgets in accordance with plan.
- Support and assist in the development of quality and safety systems.
The successful candidate will be an energetic and team orientated person with the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
- Qualifications in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or a business discipline; alternatively a technical trade or background is desirable.
- Technical sales experience or industry experience with mining, oil & gas chemical, power or paper industry would be highly regarded.
- Experience in diagnostic, analytical and troubleshooting
- Project related and technical report writing experience
- Self-confident and ambitious.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Negotiating skills.
- Sound understanding of costing/pricing principles and budget requirements.
- Energetic and motivated to exceed customer expectations.
- Time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Able to travel interstate and occasional international travel
- Computer literacy the ability to use MS office applications is essential.
- Professional and well groomed.
Product knowledge in pumps, gear boxes and mining equipment would be advantageous.